JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is there any PC software to read codes sent by remote?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Plomaris

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Is there any PC software to read codes sent by remote? Reply with quote

I bought a "no name" PC Remote and usb receiver. Is there any software out there to read remote codes using the existing remote and receiver? I know there are widgets you can buy, but I'm wondering if I can use the cheapy PC remote and receiver to do the same thing.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit.

Here's the remote I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/120616855646

Thanks.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any PC software to read codes sent by remote? Reply with quote

A widget is a great tool for the hardcore enthusiasts, but in most instances a UEI learning remote is all you need. Since you already have a FLASH cable, I'd recommend a RCA-RCP05B ~$13 or a URC-8820 or URC-8820N. These remotes can learn your signals, AND you can use them as remotes.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that. You may also still be able to find a learning JP1.3 remote on clearance at your local radio shack for about $5. The models to look for are the 15-133, 134 or 135.

There is no way to capture and analyze IR with that PC remote dongle. You'll have to buy (or build) something, so may as well get something that works with JP1 software like a learning remote or the widget. Learning JP1 remotes are how most of the upgrades on this site were built. If it turns out your PC remote signals are different, we can analyze your learns and make a new upgrade for you. That's very difficult to do with LIRC or some other non-JP1 device.
wnewell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LIRC tools includes irrecord that can record remote signals. I don't know if there's a windows version. Check lirc.org.
krhtikos

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/

Winlirc
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: