JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Akai CFT2726 TV upgrade sought
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbuskirk wrote:
This remote is not well configured for DVR (Tivo/ReplayTV) use. I'll be trying to do button moves, etc. to get it configured. But it may still go back to the Shack.

As it's not a UEI remote, I doubt you'll be able to do any sort of button move.
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Returned to the Shack. Trying out a Harmony 300 now ($35); Very good device support, but no "activity" buttons (like we can implement with macros on JP1). I also ordered a couple of Philips SRU5106 remotes today on Woot. I speculated that it is JP1-compatible. Is it?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not, but the layout is pretty much the same as the RCA RCRP05B which is JP1.3. That harmony will be useful for teaching your other remotes in cases where you don't have the original remote. Since it can only do one macro, it's not much use otherwise.
gbuskirk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I'm still here. The 15-135 doesn't have a code for your TV, in fact the only American remote that I know of that does have a code for it is the "One For All" URC-10820N (make sure it has an N in the model number because the URC-10820 doesn't have the code), where the code is TV/1641.

Continuing this saga, Today I found a great deal on a RCU RCRP05B. I tried all the Akai codes; none worked. It provided no Konka codes. Because I saw Insignia models listed elsewhere with the same Konka codes that worked on this TV previously, I started trying the Insignia codes. I was successful with Insignia code 2002 for this Akai CFT-2726 television.

By the way, the Philips SRU5106, although not a JP1 remote, did control the TV with a Konka code. The remote has a good layout for controlling a Tivo, but doesn't allow button moves or macros, as far as I can tell.

So, these two remotes will be competing for my affection, and I'm not yet driven back to JP1(.3).
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting: The learned codes that gbuskirk posted back in Dec 2006 decode as Konka IR protocol, device 2, and the several OBC values he learned match the Akai #03 upgrade, which is supposed to work for the CFT-2726.

Now gbuskirk finds that TV 2002 works. But according to the Lookup Tool, TV 2002 is pid 1A5, which is unnamed.

A quick check suggests that the EFCs for the Akai #03 upgrade and those for TV 2002 are the same. So is 1A5 very similar to Konka? Konka has 1 byte of fixed data, while 1A5 is listed as having 4 bytes, with the first fixed data byte equal to 2-- the same as the Konka device number. Perhaps 1A5 is a combo Konka executor? If so, I don't see how control bits are specified, although the #03 upgrade has all OBCs within the range 0-31, so it could be switched on OBC range.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Interesting: The learned codes that gbuskirk posted back in Dec 2006 decode as Konka IR protocol, device 2, and the several OBC values he learned match the Akai #03 upgrade, which is supposed to work for the CFT-2726.

Now gbuskirk finds that TV 2002 works. But according to the Lookup Tool, TV 2002 is pid 1A5, which is unnamed.

A quick check suggests that the EFCs for the Akai #03 upgrade and those for TV 2002 are the same. So is 1A5 very similar to Konka? Konka has 1 byte of fixed data, while 1A5 is listed as having 4 bytes, with the first fixed data byte equal to 2-- the same as the Konka device number. Perhaps 1A5 is a combo Konka executor? If so, I don't see how control bits are specified, although the #03 upgrade has all OBCs within the range 0-31, so it could be switched on OBC range.

The tv/2002 is in several of my remotes. I loaded it up and shot it. It does appear to be a Konka Combo. The fixed data is 02 06 00 00 and I'm seeing some signals with device 2 and the transport keys are shooting with a device 6.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: