JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Stuck "OK" button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viridium

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Stuck "OK" button Reply with quote

First, thanks to all for their help previously on this board! You guys are friendly and knowledgable and it is much appreciated.

My problem now is with my Atlas 1056 remote. For some reason, the "OK" button seems permanently mapped to the "Cable" device. I can program TV and DVD codes to those buttons and all works fine EXCEPT for the OK button. No matter what device I have selected, when I hit the "OK" button, the Cable device button lights up and my Motorola DCT box responds.

Previously I had help to determine the extended code for the OK/enter for my TV and I programmed that in individually, and it worked fine.

Now however we've picked up a Samsung DVD player. All works fine once I found the right device code to put in for the player, except this stupid OK button - it's still mapped to Cable!

In a previous thread, johnsfine suggested that it was a keymove that needed to be cancelled. I tried following his instructions using 994, but OK remained mapped to Cable.

I RTFM and performed an overall clear of the remote using 870 - that cleared the custom codes I'd entered and the Volume Lock, but OK was STILL mapped to Cable!

Can someone PLEASE help me get this OK button un-stuck from Cable? Thanks in advance for any help!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have an interface cable? If so, download your remote and post the IR file in the diagnosis section with a link here.

If not, I'm not sure. It sounds like you have somehow got the OK button mapped to CBL all of the time.

Do you have channel control locked to CBL? (the default is usually yes)
Try turning it off. (Although OK is not PART of this - it's can't hurt to try)

Do you have CBL setup code locked activated? (the default is yes)
Try turning it off.

Check out all of these possibilities to see what might help.

Here is the Manual with all of the codes and procedures for this.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Viridium

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Do you have an interface cable? If so, download your remote and post the IR file in the diagnosis section with a link here.

If not, I'm not sure. It sounds like you have somehow got the OK button mapped to CBL all of the time.
This is how the remote CAME though - all I've done is attempted to set up other devices beyond the Motorola cable box.

Unfortunately I don't have an interface cable - yet. It may be a good idea for me to get one? Although if I can figure out the "OK" code for my Samsung DVD player I can just override it in DVD mode like I did for TV as well - but I would like to figure out why the heck it seems to be locked!

The channel control was locked to CBL and the volume control was locked to TV - disabling these have had no discernable effect.

I don't understand what you mean by "Do you have CBL setup code locke activated".

I do have the manual which is why I tried the "Clear Custom Programming" 9-8-0 code, which cleared my specifically mapped buttons but left "OK" still locked to CBL!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 17 describes the Cable code ID lock. It should have no effect on your problem, but I figured it worth a try.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't mention which setup code you are using for your DVD player, so I can only guess that you're using DVD/0573 because that's the main Samsung DVD setup code.

If this is the correct setup code, the advanced code for OK is 00196.

Here's how you would program it...

1) Press DVD
2) Press and hold SETUP, 2 flashes
3) Type 994, 2 flashes
4) Press (don't hold) SETUP
5) Type 00196
6) Press OK, 2 flashes
Viridium

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman - I was using 0573 for DVD and that discrete code for OK has done the trick. I STILL don't understand why OK seems to be locked - I did try the Cable ID unlock but it also did not seem to make a difference.

Robman - should I create a new thread in Code Search, or would you happen to know the code for to the Samsung player menu (player setup), as the "menu" button is currently mapped to going to the dvd disc's menu.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the file section and in the DVD folder you'll find a "master file" for Sansung DVD players that use the Aiwa protocol, that's where I got the code for the OK button. I'm sure you'll find any other button codes that you need in there too.
Viridium

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Go to the file section and in the DVD folder you'll find a "master file" for Sansung DVD players that use the Aiwa protocol, that's where I got the code for the OK button. I'm sure you'll find any other button codes that you need in there too.
Hi Robman - thank you, I did manage to find the file. It's plain text so readable, but I'm not sure the codes I'm seeing in there are right. For example you gave me a sub for "OK" as 00196, but there's no instance of "196" in that file at all. In fact "Enter" is listed as 40.

Is there some sort of translation from the numbers in the text file to the type of number you provided?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is best to open such files in either KeyMapMaster (and Excel spreadsheet) or RemoteMaster (a Java program).

Either of those will do translations between OBC and EFC, which may be what you need.

The "plain text" in those files can be misleading.
chudjr

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case this information might help others that find this thread.

I have a Universal Electronics Atlas OCAP 5 device remote, model 1056B01 from Time Warner Cable. Like the original poster, the Ok/Select button was locked to cable box mode for VCR, DVD, TV, and Cable, which meant you could not select what you wanted in any other mode other than cable. Very inconvenient if you want to select something in another mode.

The only mode that the cable button light did not go on when you press the Ok/Select button was in Aud (audio mode). I copied DVD to Aud mode:

Aud
Setup
DVD
Aud

The Ok/Select button worked properly after entering my DVD code for the Aud device. Then I copied the Ok/Select button to the DVD mode:

Setup
Aud
Ok/Select
DVD
Ok/Select

Then the Ok/Select mode worked in DVD mode.

Thank you to everyone that posts on this forum. I was able to find the key move/copy command that I needed to fix my remote.
jasonfive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also having this "sticky" ok button problem. I got a used Aquos LC-32GA5U HDTV as a hand-me-down from my brother. I do not have the original remote so I am trying to program it to my cable remote. I found the code 0688 will let me power on/off and open the menu, but I can't do anything because of the stuck ok problem.

I have the manual for the remote but it doesn't list the 994 code option mentioned above so I didn't want to try that without further information. I'm also pretty sure my hardware wont use the same 00196 code for the Samsung DVD player.

So I can power the tv, access the setup menu, move around the menu but not do anything on it. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonfive wrote:
I am also having this "sticky" ok button problem. I got a used Aquos LC-32GA5U HDTV as a hand-me-down from my brother. I do not have the original remote so I am trying to program it to my cable remote. I found the code 0688 will let me power on/off and open the menu, but I can't do anything because of the stuck ok problem.

I have the manual for the remote but it doesn't list the 994 code option mentioned above so I didn't want to try that without further information. I'm also pretty sure my hardware wont use the same 00196 code for the Samsung DVD player.

You can lookup the EFC's for various setup codes using the Lookup Tool
The OK/Select code for TV/0688 is 00053

Your Atlas uses the 994 instruction, as well as a few others. See the
Manual Programming How to in the sticky at the top of this Non-JP1 Category.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: