JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Crazy volume behavior with extended 15-100

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Crazy volume behavior with extended 15-100 Reply with quote

I'm just now getting my feet wet in extender-ville, and I'm having a problem with the volume+, volume-, and mute keys. When I press them, the LCD panel changes from AUDIO to SSEL, and the remote sends out Zenith commands rather than the ones I expect. Other audio keys seem to work fine. My IR file is here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8865

Thanks for any help you can give!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know these remotes don't like invalid device setup codes, and you have 6 of them. Fix that first. And are you certain you actually activated the extender? If not, then you may see the volume punch thru behavior you're getting.

It also looks like you didn't start with a good download first. If I were you, I'd deactivate the extender, do a 981 reset and download. Then do extinstall and make your changes.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. New batteries and careful attention to making sure extender was activated solved the problem.

Next step is putting LKP macros on device buttons. Does anyone have any hints/pointers on this?
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it necessary to activate separately each protocol in an extender, e.g., LKP, device multiplexer, etc., or does activating the extender activate everything?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need to activate the extender, nothing else.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetstar52 wrote:
Thanks. New batteries and careful attention to making sure extender was activated solved the problem.

Next step is putting LKP macros on device buttons. Does anyone have any hints/pointers on this?
I like to set all my key groups in the main macro first leaving the existing macro mostly as-is, then call my LKP macro (xshift-phantom1 for example). The short side is blank, and the long side does everything else. That way a short press still switches devices modes normally.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an experiment, I'm trying to call "M1" as a long keypress on my TV button, but I'm getting no response. Here's the IR file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8868

Thanks in advance, again.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work that way. You can only have one macro per key, and you already have a TV macro. You have to use a different key. Add some unused key like phantom1 to the end of your tv macro on the macros tab, then change the target key from tv to phantom1 on the special protocols tab. Also, 5 is quite a long time. I usually set my LKPs to 2.
jetstar52

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. It's working now. The "key" isn't the device key, but the last key in the macro that's already on the device key. You bind the LKP macro to that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: