JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1994 extender 1 with generic delay protocol

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbollt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: 1994 extender 1 with generic delay protocol Reply with quote

Curious situation: I have macros on my device keys (thanks for all the help, guys!) Everything works to my liking...except, when watching a Video tape, in VCR mode, and I change the volume, the VCR pip button (learned function "tape position") will not work. It will work if I have not used vol. first. If I use another VCR button first, say "display" it will work. The vol is from the AUX1 in all modes, but I am not certain how anymore, LOL, as IR shows no VPT under "Other settings"with ext 1.

I have uploaded my current image.. would someone be willing to have a look and advise? Or is there something very simple I am missing (likely hehe) It's just a small thing.

click here

YAY! Got the link right!

Thanks,

Jeff
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a look at the file and saw nothing obvious. I am just wondering if the fact that it is a learned signal that is causing it to fail. You could try adding it to the device with a keymove if the same device is on the AUX and see if that cures the problem.

The only other possibility I can think of is that the remote really does not like the VPT being on AUX. Some remotes only like the VPT on selected device types but I am not sure about this one.
jbollt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
You could try adding it to the device with a keymove if the same device is on the AUX and see if that cures the problem.

Nils, I am not sure what you mean by "if the same device is on the AUX..."

The learned function is a VCR function, "tape position", and has the following data from the learned tab in IR:protocol Panasonic, device 144, sub 5 obc 43 Hex 2B EFC 091. When I unlearn the button (976) and make the key move, entering the VCR 1062 and efc# 091 it doesn't work at all, or if I enter it wth the Hex of 2B, it still doesn't work.

It's really not a big deal, but I would like it to work. It does work, unless I use the volume button first...then I have to use another VCR button, ex: display, before the pip button "tape position" will work.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's because VCR/1062 is a combo code that uses 2-byte commands. Try using VCR/0162 EFC=091 for the Key Move.
jbollt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
That's because VCR/1062 is a combo code that uses 2-byte commands. Try using VCR/0162 EFC=091 for the Key Move.

Thanks, mark...but..

Nope..no workie. Guess I'll just keep the learned function,and remember to hit display before pip, if I have used the volume. LOL
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jbollt wrote:
Nope..no workie.

My fault. I just realized you said protocol Panasonic, device 144, sub 5 obc 43 Hex 2B EFC 091. VCR/0162 is device 144, sub 0 IIRC. Embarassed
jbollt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
My fault. I just realized you said protocol Panasonic, device 144, sub 5 obc 43 Hex 2B EFC 091. VCR/0162 is device 144, sub 0 IIRC. Embarassed

Mark...if you have time, could you please help me with this...how do I create the keymove for this?...Or does it need to be accomplished via a one command upgrade?

thanks,

Jeff
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll have to be an upgrade since there's no built-in code for 144.5 that I can find. VCR/1062 uses 144.0 and 144.1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: