JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Codes Added to the Yahoo Files - Read Message for List

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwhester

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: New Codes Added to the Yahoo Files - Read Message for List Reply with quote

I have recently added the following devices:

Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTV
JVC HM-DH30000U D-VHS VCR
Panasonic PV-S9670 S-VHS VCR
Panasonic RP-91 DVD Player
Pioneer DV-563A DVD Player
Sungale 8500 DVD Player
Denon AVR-3803 Receiver

Most have all buttons used (or at least the ones I most wanted anyway). If there is a function not present, I can provide it upon request.

The above were set for the URC-9910 8810 but can be used by other remotes by simply selecting a different remote in Keymap Master.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New Codes Added to the Yahoo Files - Read Message for Li Reply with quote

jwhester wrote:
I have recently added the following devices:

Most have all buttons used (or at least the ones I most wanted anyway). If there is a function not present, I can provide it upon request.

It's usually best to include all functions on the functions sheet. You can always NOT assign any you don't personally want on the buttons sheet. Three years from now, you may drop out of this group, and someone may need those, and assume you included everything.

Jim
jwhester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll get to work putting them in now.
themarshall

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jwhester, I'm looking for a way to turn the bass channel up and down directly on the Denon (rather than cycling through the various channels to bass and then using the up and down.) I haven't been able to determine if this is possible or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this would address an annoying issue for me (turning the bass channel up for some DVD's back down for others.)
jwhester

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

themarshall, sorry for the delay.

I'm currently using the discrete Subwoofer Level Up and Down in my One for All URC-9910 configuration on the Rewind and Fast-Forward Buttons. Those codes are included in the Keymap Master file I uploaded to the Yahoo site.

I've carefully calibrated my Denon 3803 but still find that some DVDs still have a little too much bass, especially for friends and family. So I added the discrete Sub up and down.

The Denon 3803 recognizes many discrete codes that are not on the factory remote, that are on the face plate of the receiver and not the remote and many Zone 2 functions.

Check out Denon's USA site for all the possible functions - there are many. At the Denon site, click the Products link, click the "Product IR Codes and RS-232 Control Protocols" link in the list that appears. Finally, select the "AVR-3803/1082" link to a PDF file listing all the available functions.

I went through all 765 possible codes and found them all for Keymap Master to work.

Please let me know which ones you want and check out the Keymap Master file I posted on the JP1 Yahoo Group site.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell from your post whether you already know this or you tried all the possible commands. So assuming you already know this it may help someone else:

The link to the website is:

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=5

For the AVR3803 there are three system addresses (01000, 00110, 00100)

and a set of tables like this:

SYSTEM ADDRESS(C1 C5) : 0100, EXTENSION BIT(C12,C13) : 11
No. Data (C6 C11) Key Name

1 100000 POWER

System address is what we call device and the bits are backwards, in this case it is 01000 binary or decimal 2. The others are (00110 (really 01100) is decimal 12 and 00100 (00100 either way) is decimal 4)

The individual commands are a little harder. We consider Denon to use an 8-bit key code or OBC and it is (C6 C11)and (C12,C13): in this case:

100000 11 but again the bits are backwards so transposing:

11 000001 or 128+64+1= 193

and that is the OBC for power. You can also use the windows calculator pick view|scientific and the radio button for binary enter the ones and zeros then radio button for decimal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: