JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Updated RDF's, and RM Maps and Images v1.14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Updated RDF's, and RM Maps and Images v1.14 Reply with quote

These RDF's are compliant with both IR V4.xx and RemoteMaster(RM) V0.8x or greater
NOTE: KM does not require RDF's
RDF's for RM and IR

Full set of RM Maps and Images
Due to significant activity with RDF's and Images I have also added a full set of RM Maps and Images to the Tools for JP1 file section.
NOTE: If you are using the above set of RDF's with RM you will need this full set.
All Maps and Images for RemoteMaster V.8x or greater

CHANGES:
    1) Updates to the URC 9960 Map, image, and RDF for extender version 2
    2) Updated 9960 Image
    3) Updated SA Explorer RDF, map and image
    4) Updated 8060 Map to correct button allocations
    5) Updated Ayre, Anthem, Outlaw Audio, and SA Explorer3 RDF's, maps and images
    6) Updated Extender RDF's that had xshfted buttons defined and changed to general section entry
    7) Added Phantoms to 8910/9910/HTPro RDF's

You can selectively add the RDF's, Maps and Images you need however, if you choose to replace all, first remove and backup your old ones to eliminate conflicts with name changes.

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDF's, Maps, and Images - version 1.14 now available.

See top of thread for details

Could someone delete the 2 notes below the announcement post and this one for me. Thanks
mikemcgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In trying to move from a device oriented setup to an integrated system type setup, I had to rethink alot of key assignments. I tried to take advantage of the new device selection method in the 2116ext2 extender, but kept mixing up which keys were in which Control Group. I ended up modifying the remote's image file to remind me.

After seeing the Control Groups mapped out, I am now able to remember them and don't really need the visual reminder anymore. Would it be worth implementing in the map file?
I also ended up reassigning keys in order to optimize Move/Macro versus Upgrade memory. Would an option to highlight keys that will result in a keymove be possible (only for Normal, not Shift or Xshift)?
Keep up the good work!
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the Layout panel, RM highlights the keys that in the button map. These are the keys that can be assigned functions without generating a keymove.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemcgo wrote:
After seeing the Control Groups mapped out, I am now able to remember them and don't really need the visual reminder anymore. Would it be worth implementing in the map file?!
I had actually thought about doing something like this but gave up when I realized that the layouts of each remote did not lend to doing this since buttons are not always arranged in a way that it would be easy to place borders around them. Let me think about it.

mikemcgo wrote:
I also ended up reassigning keys in order to optimize Move/Macro versus Upgrade memory. Would an option to highlight keys that will result in a keymove be possible (only for Normal, not Shift or Xshift)?
Keep up the good work!
In RM it already does that. The buttons that have the highlighting on them will not generate a keymove all others will. This is because what is highlighted is based on the button map for each device type. For example the TV device will not generally have the transport (play, record, etc) highlighted but VCR would.
streetskater

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikem,
Even though the map is (or should be) implicitly in my head by now--it's surprisingly helpful to see it mapped out like that and the simple visual it leaves me with, and the fact that it makes sense, means it will serve as a useful mnemonic in the future.

Ya never know what info you share here is gonna help us folks in the real world Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: