JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2K/3K/Showstopper IR Code 'Association Problem'...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClearToLand

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: 2K/3K/Showstopper IR Code 'Association Problem'... Reply with quote

For MANY years, The Robman's instructions to OVERLAY an existing code (OBJ file) in sys1/OS/IRBlaster/ worked for many folks. I'm going to guess that was because many of those ReplayTVs/Showstoppers were currently using sys1. I'm also going to guess that during BOOT, the contents of the 'Active' system (sys1 or sys2) are copied to user/mirror/system/data/. Thus, on the off chance that YOUR ReplayTV is using sys2 and you overlay the file(s) in sys1, it's not going to work.

To add to the confusion, there's this currently unexplainable IR Code 'Association Problem' posted by ReplayTV Guru Mikeyboy. Even if you picked the right sysX directory, the new code still *MIGHT* not take effect until you first select two (or more) random codes. Black Magic... I never heard of this before, but since I don't have a 2K/3K, I also haven't read the entire Adding new IR Blaster codes to the Replay (2k/3k) thread. So, maybe it was mentioned in there. THANK YOU to Mikeyboy for bringing it to everyone's attention.

2K/3K/Showstopper Users: Please post your results.

So, to replace one OLD code with one NEW code, all you have to do is:

To install hack:

OVERLAY the existing OBJ file in THREE places using whatever method you're comfortable with.
Code:

extract_rtv -p1 -w sys1/OS/IRBlaster/C0015.OBJ C0015.OBJ
extract_rtv -p1 -w sys2/OS/IRBlaster/C0015.OBJ C0015.OBJ
extract_rtv -p1 -w user/mirror/system/data/C0015.OBJ C0015.OBJ

To make the hack work:
  1. Boot the recorder.
  2. Go into setup/network and input settings.
  3. Go to appropriate input the Comcast DTA is connected to and select Cable Box, then Digital Cable.
  4. Go to OTHER and right arrow onto any IR code number, then do the same to any other IR code.
  5. Now choose 0015 and save changes.
    - The recorder will dial in and download the digital guide.
The reason you had to select several randomly chosen IR codes is there is an 'Association Problem' with this hack. Selecting several other IR codes before 0015 appears to correct the association and result in 0015 being able to control the Comcast DTA box.

Reference: AVS Forum: "Almost Ready for Prime Time" 2K/3K STB/DTA Instructions...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> ReplayTV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: