JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1994 Device Button macro.. shift?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbollt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: 1994 Device Button macro.. shift? Reply with quote

All is well..almost....I have 1994 extender #1 with macros on device buttons. I thought that shift/device button would bypass the macros, which it does, but it doesn't change to the device mode of that button.

Example, if my macro ends with VCR...and if I need to use a rarely used function on the rcvr, I thought I could push shift/aux1, to get access to the rcvr commands. Is this a restriction in the extender on 1994? I didn't notice that in the extender readme file.

Maybe a can do a shifted keymove on the device button to get the device back? I dunno??? Any ideas from the wizards of JP1?

I also have a 2116 (unextended), that does allow this shift/device button with macros on the device buttons.

I am trying to decide between the 1994, which I like very much, especially now that I can do macros on the device buttons, and the 2116, which I may take back to RS. Don't need the LCD and can spend the $30 elswhere.

Jeff
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1994 Device Button macro.. shift? Reply with quote

jbollt wrote:
All is well..almost....I have 1994 extender #1 with macros on device buttons. I thought that shift/device button would bypass the macros, which it does, but it doesn't change to the device mode of that button.

Example, if my macro ends with VCR...and if I need to use a rarely used function on the rcvr, I thought I could push shift/aux1, to get access to the rcvr commands. Is this a restriction in the extender on 1994? I didn't notice that in the extender readme file.

Maybe a can do a shifted keymove on the device button to get the device back? I dunno??? Any ideas from the wizards of JP1?

I also have a 2116 (unextended), that does allow this shift/device button with macros on the device buttons.

I am trying to decide between the 1994, which I like very much, especially now that I can do macros on the device buttons, and the 2116, which I may take back to RS. Don't need the LCD and can spend the $30 elswhere.

Jeff

Can you just put a macro on Shift-Device that selects the appropriate device? I don't know how this extender does device selection, but that idea should work.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you already understand this but just in case ...

When the device key used WITHIN a macro is just switches to that device. If you assign a macro to a PHYSICAL device key, then it will execute that macro only when you push the physical button.

The way I set all my macros on a device key is to put that device last so it is in that mode at the end. So an oversimplified macro for TV is:

Aux1; discrete On, Input TV/DBS -- sets the receiver and audio input

TV; Discrete On, Tuner, 4, enter -- turns on TV, sets channel to lowest number.

VPT has already been set for the receiver, so vol+/-/mute control the receiver everything else is the TV
jbollt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon..thanks. I DO have all my macros with the device at the end, as you do. Once in a while, I need to use a rarely used function on a different device, while in the macro ending device mode.

I just created 3 one button shifted macros..

shift/TV=TV
shift/VCR=VCR
shift/AUX1=AUX1

Voila...

Thanks,

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: