JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xbox 360 device uprade not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dinomight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Xbox 360 device uprade not working Reply with quote

So i found an upgrade for the xbox 360 remote. It doesn't seem to work. so i pulled out a 15-100 learning remote and learned the codes directly from an actual working xbox 360 remote controll.
I tested all of the buttons on the offical remote and they work with the xbox just fine. So i pulled each of the learned codes and put them in RemoteMaster. I created my own upgrade and uploaded it and still no go.
I'm using the extender but i've tested it without the extender and it also doesn't work.

The X360 remote uses the mce protocol: Here is one example of the learned code and the code i put into remote master.
(from IR v8(DecodeIR V2.39))

Xbox360 remote "UP" key:

protocol MCE
device 116
sub device 15
OBC 30
Hex: 1E
EFC 194
Misc T=0

In remote master i set the following
Setup Code: 0222
protocol MCE
protocol ID: 01 2A
Device 116
OEM2: 15
Fixed Data: E2 80 0f 74
function:
Channel up:
EFC 049
EFC5 00049
OBC: 108
Hex: 6C

I've attached a IR file with just the single learned "UP" key (which works)
and the entire device upgrade that i've created. Also attached is the RM file that i created.
http://public.thurstonco.com/X360.ir
http://public.thurstonco.com/X360.rmdu

The funny thing is that i have a URC 6131 extended remote that i've used basically the same device upgrade and when i learn the button on that remote which should be the up button it returns: RCA device 14 OBC 89 (which is not MCE nor the right key.) It's like my upgrade doesnt think it's mce for some reason.
Anyways you can look at the IR file and see both learned buttons and the device upgrade i made that doesn't work. I really hope someone can tell me what i'm doing wrong.

Ok i figured it out and i thought i would post this for others.
I went into keymap master and started a new file. I noticed that for the MCE protocol it has a different Fixed Data than is showing in Remote Master.
In RM it shows the fixed data : E2 80 0F 74
and in KM is shows the fixed data: A9 32 95 55 55 AA 6A 65

I pasted the KM fixed data replacing the fixed data HEX from the RM output and viola it now works. I'm not sure why RM has the wrong Fixed data for the MCE protocol (i the field isn't editable in RM so i just have to alter the RM output myself.) But yay it's working. I hope this can help other people having the problem. I will post correctly working upgrade so others can use it. If anyone has an idea what i did wrong in RM let me know.
-D
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get "file not found" on both of the links that you posted, so I can't verify your info, but your symptoms sound like you either forgot to copy the protocol or you forgot to assign the new upgrade setup code to a device button.
dinomight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Oops Wrong Link Reply with quote

Try this one,

http://temp.thurstonco.com/X360.ir
http://temp.thurstonco.com/X360.rmdu
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM is generating the wrong fixed data for the 15-100. To fix this, edit the RDF, look for the [Protocols] section and change 012A to 012A:2, then re-build the upgrade.
dinomight

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my first post i said i was able to get it to work with the fixed data i found from km. I'm trying to edit the rdf but i don't see where RM looks for rdf files. I know where they are located for IR. Do i just make the change to the RDF for IR? and then the export from RM will work? Or is the rdf change so that RM actually generates the correct Fixed Data?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have one set of RDFs and RM can find them, you must have pointed RM to the right directory when you first set it up.

The file that stores the path to the RDFs is called RemoteMaster.properties

In my Windows Vista 64 system, the path to this file is:

C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\RemoteMaster
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: