JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emersen EWC1301 tv/vcr combo
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:25 am    Post subject: Emersen EWC1301 tv/vcr combo Reply with quote

1. Device: Emersen Model EWC1301
2. Type of device: TV/VCR
3. Year: July 2001
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-1994
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? ??

I found my old Radio Shack 6-in-One Smart A/V remote (15-1994 model) and tried all the codes to program it to my TV/VCR combo and nothing works. I tried searching for my code and even blinking the code back. The code I got was 0282 but when I try to program it, it doesn't work. Any suggestions.

I have 2 TV/VCR's (Emerson and Panasonic) I tried programming and got 0282 for both codes when I blinked the code back to me.
Any suggestions. I really don't want to have to go out and buy another remote(s).
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cin, You need to read the rules for posting a code search We need a the template filled out, because that keeps us from playing 20 questions and makes it easier to give you a working solution.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Radio Shack 6-in-one Smart A/V Remote Reply with quote

1. Device: Emersen Model EWC1301
2. Type of device: TV/VCR
3. Year: July 2001
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-1994
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Don't know what this is
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? ??

I found my old Radio Shack 6-in-One Smart A/V remote (15-1994 model) and tried all the codes to program it to my TV?VCR combo and nothing works. I tried searching for my code and even blinking the code back. The code I got was 0282 but when I try to program it, it doesn't work. Any suggestions.

I have 2 TV/VCR's (Emerson and Panasonic) I tried programming and got 0282 for both codes when I blinked the code back to me.
Any suggestions. I really don't want to have to go out and buy another remote(s).
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that you aren't doing the code search procedure correctly, and 0282 is the code which was setup previously. 0282 is a Emerson code.
Here's a link to the 15-1994 manual. Follow the instructions for Searching for Device Codes carefully.

For the Emerson, you may want to try VCR 0000, 0068, 0121, 0184, 0299.
TV codes to try are 0171, 0218, 0282.

Make sure that you have first pressed the VCR button before setting up the VCR codes, and the TV button before setting up TV codes.

Try to find the model numbers of both sets. That may help narrow down the possibilities.
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have entered in the code search correctly multiple times. I have a TV/VCR combo, not a tv and vcr. I have looked at the 15-1994 manual because that is what I followed to enter in the codes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We realize this is a combo, but TV and VCR codes on the TV and VCR buttons respectively are your only options. If you keep getting 0282 on the blink back, it's not taking your new codes. Try each of the codes 3FG recommended and let us know if you have any success. If you don't get a double-blink when you enter the code, that means it didn't work. So make sure you put TV codes on the TV button and VCR codes on the VCR button.

Once you find working code(s), we can help you combine the functions onto one device.
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have gotten a few codes to blink back twice but it doesn't shut off my Tv. Now what should I do?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the code search: Have you tried it with the TV button, and then with the VCR button? If the TV section didn't ever shut off and the VCR didn't start playing, then in both cases you should have eventually seen 4 blinks, which would mean that all available codes in the remote had been tried. Did that happen?

You mention that you tried the above setup codes, and that a "few of them blinked back twice." We have a database (see the link to the Lookup Tool at the top of the page) of all the setup codes in your remote, and unless you or I made a mistake, or the DB has an error (unlikely), then every one of the above setup codes should have blinked back. Did that happen?

If all of this has been tried, with 4 blinks at the end of the code search, and 2 blinks for every setup code listed above, then the chances of finding any working setup code are poor.

As for buying another remote, that's a bit of a gamble, because there isn't any obvious way to know if a new remote will have an appropriate setup code either.
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your suggestions. Yes, I have tried using the TV button but nothing worked. I only got 2 blinks after a few codes, never 4 blinks. I didn't try programming the VCR since the TV codes didn't work.
Im thinking maybe my TV and VCR won't be able to use a universal remote. Any other suggestions?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cin every code you tried from the manual should have blinked back twice. If they didn't perhaps your device mode had been changed last time you used the remote. You might want to do a reset of the remote long setup 980 tp get tje buttons back to their native mode.

Also if we find ANY button in a set-up code that works, we can start working our magic. So searching the VCR data base might be helpful too.

We want you to search ALL of the codes, not just the ones that are listed for emerson. Go back and read your manual to see how to do a CODE SEARCH. It will try every code in the database. When it has reached the end, it will blink 4 times. Also do the code search with the TV on. If your TV does ANYTHING as a reaction to any code, do the code blinkback. All we really need to know is if there is anything in the remote that your TV understands.

Also it might help if you listed the model number, even if you don't know what year it was manufactured.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say do a code search do you mean when you click 991 and then power, tv, power tv....? I have done that and clicked it over 100 times. My fingers were getting sore. LOL
I will reset the remote and start from scratch I guess. If that doesn't work, I don't know what else to do.
The model of my remote is 15-1994.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes we know the model of your remote, we want the model of your TV/vcr combo.

cin3000

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry. It's an Emersen Model EWC1301 manufactured in July 2001.

I tried resetting my remote and searching for the code and it did blink 2 times but not 4 and my TV did not shut off. This is frustrating.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your remote should take VCR code 0000 on the VCR button. If you get 2-blinks with that one, do a short press and release of the setup button followed by 205 and see if that toggles the power on your device.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes VCr 0000 should be the one. We have an upgrade in the file section that is an exact match for this TV. If anything on VCR 0000 doesn't handle the TV, we can fill in the blanks from the upgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: