JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can Someone Please Help Me :-(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecableguy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Can Someone Please Help Me :-( Reply with quote

Hi guys Wink

I hope I'm posting this in the correct place Confused

I've got a Panasonic SC-DT300/100 DVD home cinema system and I'm trying to program my URC-8060 remote to work with it.

Oneforall have sent me 6 wav files now and all of them only work the basics (play,stop...etc).

I've found this upgrade file http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3136 an loaded it into remote master but I'm getting the same results with only the basics working..

Here is a few screenshots of the file loaded in remote master:

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the functions tab as in the notes it shows "sub device 34" but i have no idea what this means Crying or Very sad

Any help would be very much appreciated Wink
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, it wouild be helpful if you were able to learn some of the keys from the original remote

Then you can look to make sure that the setup entries in RM match what you're seeing from the original remote.

And then you can check out the key/hex values are for the keys that don't work are correct.

Then if things don't work, upload your upgrade to the diagnostic area and the experts will take a look and see what's going on.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm thinking it could be something to do with the functions tab as in the notes it shows "sub device 34" but i have no idea what this means

It means that this device uses several subdevices. I can't imagine why the original poster used a plain Panasonic protocol, but at least he/she was good enough to note the subdevices you needed. Try this. I haven't tested it but I think it will do the trick.

Upgrade using Panasonic Combo

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since OFA has sent you WAV files that haven't worked, it would be useful if you upload those WAV files to the Diagnostics area (zip them first, since they tend to be pretty big), and post a link to the zip file. That way we can see what hasn't worked. However, we need you to describe which buttons work and those that don't.

In the following, I'm assuming that you don't have a cable and want to make an upgrade, convert it to WAV, and then put it into the 8060 by modem.

I don't understand the upgrade from the File Section that you linked above. Panasonic is using device 160, with various subdevice numbers. The upgrade is set up for only one subdevice (28) and specifies keymoves on the External Function tab using setup codes 0308 and 0309, which correspond to subdevices 0 and 4. I don't see how subdevice 34 is specified, other than in comments. So I wouldn't expect that any of the functions which are shown as 34 to work.

Also, OFA doesn't send out WAV files which contain keymoves, and I think it would be better if you avoided it too. So I would recommend trying to put the information in the upgrade into a Panasonic Combo protocol. Put the device as 160, and specify 28,34, 0, 4 in the Functions tab.

Use this Excel file to identify subdevice numbers and OBCs for whatever functions you want in your upgrade.
FYI, I got the protocol information about 0309 and 0308 from the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page).

If you do have a cable, I still think you will be better off using Panasonic Combo.

EDIT: Vicky is much faster than I am!
wnewell

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking you only have about half the functions assigned in the buttons tab. Perhaps that's why only the basics work. You have to assign all the functions you want to work to buttons on the remote.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll probably want to add Vol+/- and the several input buttons. Don't leave them on the External Functions tab; just use the subdevice number 0 for Vol, because that is setup code 0308. Use subdevice 4 for the buttons with setup code 0309.
thecableguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow .. Thanks for all the replies EVERYONE Smile

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:

Try this. I haven't tested it but I think it will do the trick.

Upgrade using Panasonic Combo

Where did you find this file , i looked all over the internet for an alternative to the one i posted up....lol

Using this file I'm not missing that many buttons (just the volume...etc).

This is the file loaded in remote master.

Does anyone know how i can add the volume ...etc to the functions?

Also how can i get items in "A" to show up in "B" ...

I've tried clicking the functions panel but it just brings up this window , and it doesn't have the volume ...etc in it...

Thanks again for all the help so far Wink
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky didn't find the file; she made it, using the information from the upgrade that you found.

I posted above about how to add volume. On the Functions tab, go to the bottom of the Name column and type in Vol+. Put 0 in the subdevice column, and 32 in the OBC column. Use 0 and 33 for Vol-. Now it should show Vol+ EFC=213 and Vol- RFC =217.

You can assign buttons by dragging a function from the right side and dropping it on a button listed on the left side.

Edited to add-- Have you considered clicking on help? The readme tells how to assign buttons......
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the External functions until now. I updated the Combo file to have the functions from the external tab that 3FG was explaining. One thing I did notice. The mute button in the upgrade you linked to was set to subdevice 28, but I think it needs to be changed to subdevice 0, since that's what I saw in other similar upgrades.

NOTE: You can Drag and drop functions from the area you labeled B onto the buttons. Anything in Red in area B has not been assigned to a button.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your first picture shows all the functions that are included in your upgrade. As you noticed the volume buttons are not in this list, but the codes for them were displayed in your eternal functions picture, so you could copy them from there. Apparently Vicky missed these the first time but has updated her combo file to include them now.

In your second pic, side "A" lists the buttons on your JP1 remote and side "B" lists the functions from your OEM remote. In order for a function to show up in the "B" list, you first need to enter it in the Functions tab as described before. Your goal isn't to get things from side A to show up in side B, your goal is to program the functions from side B to buttons on side A.
thecableguy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Wink

I think its all starting to make since now.

One thing.....

@3FG

How did you know that i would need to put a "0" in the sub device column and "32" and "33" were for the volume?

The reason i ask is because it would help me sort out the other buttons Wink

Thanks again everyone for all the help you've given me so far Smile
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecableguy wrote:

@3FG
How did you know that i would need to put a "0" in the sub device column and "32" and "33" were for the volume?

From the 4th post in this thread:
Quote:
Use this Excel file to identify subdevice numbers and OBCs for whatever functions you want in your upgrade.
FYI, I got the protocol information about 0309 and 0308 from the Lookup Tool (link at the top of this page).

The Excel file is the easiest way to find the subdevice and function numbers, and has lots of functions listed. Or you could use the Lookup Tool to find the subdevice number in setup code 0308. And you could get the EFC associated with volume from the External Functions tab in the original upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: