JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with USB interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitize

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Help with USB interface Reply with quote

I followed Tommy Tyler Version 1.0 Figure 11 layout for the JP1 USB interface. Once I had the board done I plugged the USB cable into my Windows 2000 PC. Windows detected the new hardware but did not ask me where to find the drivers for the Delcom device. So I went into the device manager window and saw a yellow exclamation over the Delcom device. I tried to manually install and I get the Windows blue screen and the PC reboots. I tried to uninstall and reinstall and had the same result. I made sure that my virus/firewall software was disabled during the installation of the driver. IR401 does not recognize the Delcom USB also. Also the USB cable came with two black leads ( I suspect on is signal ground and the other chasis ground which was a heavier gauge wire). Initially I used only the signal ground to the circuity on the perf board but when things were not working I tried it again with both black wires shorted and still had no luck. So do I have a hardware problem or software. Any ideas?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be hardware. Double check everything, especially the orientation of the capacitors.
digitize

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark you were right it was a hardware issue. I had a cold solder at the USB chip on pin 12 or VCC. Once that was fixed the driver loaded as normal and IR401 detected the USB interface. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Now the fun begins....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: