JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sharp tv alternate input functions only give inputs 1-4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: sharp tv alternate input functions only give inputs 1-4 Reply with quote

I just set up my atlas ocap remote for my new sharp aquos tv. It has 7 inputs but unfortunately the regular individual input selection functions don't work. However the alternate ("select again") functions do work but unfortunately inputs 5-7 are not included.

I'm using the Sharp Aquos LC-52D92U km file. I've checked other similar km and rm files hoping to find one with inputs 5-7 without luck.

Can anyone help? Is there any way to deduce or make educated guesses as to what codes might work? I'm really hoping to get my TV to automatically switch to the right input based on which device I select so it would be a major bummer not to get 5-7.

I don't know if this is coincidence or not but those are the 3 HDMI inputs on my tv.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 46" Aquos has inputs 4 and 5 as the HDMI inputs. I used the/ same upgrade file as you did, and as with you, the "normal" inputs 1-4 do not work, while the "alternate" 1-4 inputs work just fine. However, the "regular" input 5 also correctly selects the HDMI2 function, so my only suggestion would be to try those "regular" inputs above 4 again.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eureka! Why didn't I think to try that??? I guess I tried the first 2 or 3 and gave up when that failed. Thanks for the tip! Very Happy
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, shoot. It appears the TV will not switch inputs for a significant amount of time after powering on, so I can't set up a macro to turn everything on AND set the input. Sad Oh well, at least I can program buttons for the 2 inputs I'm using and I can just press it as a second step.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what you consider "significant" nor how long your macros are, but you need to build in or program some delay between powering on the TV and setting the input. In my system, my Aquos LCD TV does just fine when I build the "setup" macros with the FIRST step being powering on the TV then turning on and setting up my receiver, turning on the DVD player or Cable box, and THEN setting the TV input. Have you tried that? If that delay is still insufficient, then you can always add a pause into your macro. Just create an upgrade using the Pause protocol in KM or RM. The help files walk you through the process.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
kevjs1982

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I don't know what you consider "significant" nor how long your macros are, but you need to build in or program some delay between powering on the TV and setting the input. In my system, my Aquos LCD TV does just fine when I build the "setup" macros with the FIRST step being powering on the TV then turning on and setting up my receiver, turning on the DVD player or Cable box, and THEN setting the TV input. Have you tried that? If that delay is still insufficient, then you can always add a pause into your macro. Just create an upgrade using the Pause protocol in KM or RM. The help files walk you through the process.

Does HDMI never switch over automatically then? I got used to turning AV gear on (connected via SCART) and having the input sorted automatically - I find having to manually select HDMI inputs a step back into the dark ages!
TheShanMan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried adding pauses of various lengths, as well as manually trying to determine how much time it would take. I gave up at around a 3 second delay because I also use the macro to switch from one source to another (when the equipment is already on), so I don't want the remote to be busy for that long before you can press more buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: