JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multiple issues with full remote file

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gregnash

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Multiple issues with full remote file Reply with quote

Remote: Atlast OCAP 1056
TV: Vizio VL420M
Audio: Sony STR-DG500
Cable: Motorola DCH 6200
PVR: Tivo Series 2
DVD: Sony DVP-NS55P

Using KM and IR (however IR still not working properly in Win 7 system)
So I am having a few issues with the KM file and dont know where/how to attach the file so that others can diagnose.

Issues:
1. For cable screen Exit button does nothing
2. Video Source button is only pulling up the menu for the Cable box
3. Have designated the A (yellow) button as the HDMI button for the TV yet I get no response
4. OK button does not work in any setting

Not really sure what I am doing wrong or how to post the .ir file for you guys to look at.
jrh995

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at one of The Robman's postings. At the bottom are instructions with links to where you should post the file.

John
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregnash wrote:
IR still not working properly in Win 7 system

There has been this thread about problems with IR.exe in Windows 7, but I can't see that you have described your problems anywhere. What problems are you experiencing with IR.exe and Windows 7?
gregnash

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was another thread where I was asking about issues with IR.exe... the program seems to work fine however I have lost the initial top portion of the screen and cannot seem to get it back. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it but cannot get that top portion to come back. Unfortunately, I get the small "pull-down arrow" but it will not adjust the size of the screen..

Here's and image....

mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, thanks. I must have missed your posting about that. It is not a Win 7 problem, it is an IR 8.00 problem that has shown up occasionally before and discussed in several threads. In one of them I wrote:
mathdon wrote:
Since IR 8.00 came out, there have been several reported occurrences of this issue in which the top panels on the General tab shrink to zero size. Before IR 8.00 the top left (Device Buttons) panel had a fixed size. The size of the other panels was determined by this one and the overall size of the window, so you could change the width of the Other Settings panel but not its height. IR 8.00 made the dividers between the panels to be re-sizeable, and since then there seem to be rare circumstances under which the Device Buttons panel shrinks to zero size.

I don't know what causes this, or just what circumstances cause it to happen, but IR 8.01 tests for zero size and, if found, re-sets the Device Buttons panel to a default size. This should prevent future occurrences. IR 8.01 is currently still at Release Candidate 2 and is being discussed in this thread.

The reason why re-installing doesn't work is that the settings are stored in the Windows registry, so survive a re-installation. The latest version of IR 8.01 is IR 8.01 Release Candidate 4 . Please try that and post the result in this thread, whether or not it works.
gregnash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the mathdon... seems to have fixed my issue. Now to post that ir file from my remote to see what I am doing wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: