JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for Pioneer DVD recorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Code for Pioneer DVD recorder Reply with quote

As Robman asked, I have split my earlier post into two:

1. Device: Pioneer DVR-533H
2. Type of device: HDD/DVD Recorder
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8910
4. JP1 user? Yes
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked the file section? Yes
7. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? No
8. Partially working setup code? No

The situation is that my brother who does not have JP1 capability wants me to program his remote, and I am in another state. He had gotten upgrade WAV files from OFA, but now his remote is evidently not accepting any input that way.

I have several of the devices he has, and he has several devices already in the library. I want to add these two devices.

Evidently the WAV files from OFA identified the setup code for the Pioneer DVD recorder as 0631 and the Panasonic TV as 1291. Now I know these numbers don't necessarily mean anything, but I am trying to use them as a start. I would be willing to download an existing KM or RM file for either device and modify it if someone who has these devices would be able to help with the mod so that it works when I send it back to him.

Thanks for the help.

SMK
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to create a wave file for him to upload?

Or are you going to upload an IR file for him via cable?

There are several possibilities to consider here. His remote is not accepting wave upgrades because (a) its memory is full, or (b) the modem coil is busted (a very common occurence in these remotes, and not necessarily surprising if it has afew years of use under its belt);

Usually, when OFA provides a wav upgrade, they only add to the upgrades area of the EEPROM, but I'm not sure if this is additive - and therefore potentially you can run out of memory - or a complete re-write every time.

If the upgrade memory is full, you could create a COMPLETE EEPROM image for him to upload which would overwrite all of his current programming. But to do this, you would need all of his current upgrades to combine them (and potentially tweak them to make them fit in the upgrade area) and send them to him as a wav file.

On the other hand, if the modem is busted (imho a more likely possibility), you'll have to get your hands on the actual remote and upload the IR file via cable.

(Alternatively, if distance and/or postage is a problem, you could have him open the remote, locate the bbusted wires to the modem, and conduct a solder repair, so he can receive a wav update again)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD/0631 uses the Pioneer MIX 4-cmd protocol, but it doesn't need to as the 2-cmd version of Pioneer MIX will do (and this executor is built into the URC-8910).

I have formatted the following upgrade that will add DVD/0631 to the URC-8910 without needing a protocol upgrade:

Upgrade Code 0 = 22 77 (DVD/0631) Pioneer DVD/0631 (KM v9.17)
7E 00 BE FE FE 0D 2A CB 0A AB FA 01 7A 01 BA 01
3A 01 DA 01 5A 01 9A 01 1A 01 EA 01 6A 01 9B 00
1B 00 C2 01 BB 00 3B 00 5B 00 DB 00 FB 00 EB 00
62 01 B0 01 30 01 39 01 D9 01 D0 01 08 01 C9 03
38 01 D8 01 C3 03 9B 00 1B 00
End
dhkinil

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Are you trying to create a wave file for him to upload?

Or are you going to upload an IR file for him via cable?

There are several possibilities to consider here. His remote is not accepting wave upgrades because (a) its memory is full, or (b) the modem coil is busted (a very common occurence in these remotes, and not necessarily surprising if it has afew years of use under its belt);

Usually, when OFA provides a wav upgrade, they only add to the upgrades area of the EEPROM, but I'm not sure if this is additive - and therefore potentially you can run out of memory - or a complete re-write every time.

I am the owner of the remote, at OFA's suggestion I did actually return the remote to the ground state, so to speak. I actually did this for both remotes, one was able to take it's upgrades fine, the other did not. I would guess it is a problem with the modem as it would not take either code set from OFA and the working one did accept both code sets. Ideally, it would be much better if this would work with macs.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help. I own a 9910. Yesterday DHKinIL e-mailed me the wav file. I loaded it into my 9910. I then used ir to load that into his remote. I made some additional keymoves and macros he wanted, and I am sending it back this morning. I will see how it works, but the info about the TV and the DVD-R is very helpful if things don't work. With that info if it doesn't work, I will be able to do it for him after he sends it back.

Thanks again for all the help.

SMK
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Will this protocol work for an 8811? Unfortunately, the method I tried using his wav file didn't work. So, I have an old 8811 lying around and figured I'd play with it and have him try it. If it works, he can send me the 8910 for me to reprogram.

Thanks.

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 8811 and 9910 use the same protocols, but the device upgrade will be slightly different, so you will need to reformat it using KM or RM.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, Rob. How do I do that?

I us KM, and I know how to make take a device upgrade and/or protocol from KM and put it in IR. How do I go the other way around?

Do I copy the device upgrade you have made and paste it into the appropriate spot on KM and then just change the remote?

Thanks for helping me.

SMK
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see your duplicate post in the beginners section, try my translation and just change the remote and button assignments in KM from 8910 to 8811. Use at risk, no promises, I have no idea what I'm doing.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a lot more idea what you're doing than I have!

I will try it later. The only problem is that I don't have that DVD recorder. I have to mail the remote to my brother to see if it works.

Thanks for your help!

SMK
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy, FYI if you are doing lots of remotes for other people, a nice tool to have is an IR-widget. You can test your upgrades to make sure they are sending the correct signals from the comfort of your computer chair.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Code for Pioneer DVD recorder Reply with quote

RoyGBiv wrote:
1. Device: Pioneer DVR-533H
3. JP1 Remote model: URC-8910

In case you ever get a JP1 cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: