JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dish Network DTV Pal (over the air dtv stb)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first step was to look in one of my private files that lists UEI protocols to find one that has the 57.1 frequency along with a 5-bit device code and a 5-bit command code. I found the $00F0 protocol.

I noticed that the UEI version is COMP'd, so in KM I made sure that the functions were listed in OBC mode, then I changed the style from MSB to MSB-COMP. I also deleted the "Notes" protocol code and changed the PID from $01FF to $00F0. I didn't change the "Manual Settings" protocol selection.

I also looked in devices.xls to see which setup codes use that protocol. In a remote like the URC-8820, you can use Sat/1167, and in a remote like the URC-8206 you could use SAT codes 0167, 0454 and 1467.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I noticed that the UEI version is COMP'd, so in KM I made sure that the functions were listed in OBC mode, then I changed the style from MSB to MSB-COMP.

If the UEI version was LSB, would KM have been able to do the math, or would you have to re-read the OBC's?

and if the command was read

00101 the obc would have been 5 msb, and 20 lsb?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether a protocol is MSB or LSB is not built into the executor, but whether the signals is COMP'd or not is. As I decoded the learned signals and decided that they were MSB, I selected MSB in KM and I calculated the OBCs based on the signals being MSB.

I could easily have made the judgment call the signals were LSB and I could have calculated the OBCs based on that assumption.

As long as I tell KM which one I picked, it will "do the math" and figure out the binary accordingly.

<<00101 the obc would have been 5 msb, and 20 lsb?>>
yes.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't try version 3, since version 2 was working for me after I patched it. So Version 3 might solve my next problem, and I don't have my thumb drive to take it home at the moment, but I do have a problem.

I need to control a Dishnetwork Satelite dish with this same Comcast 1067a remote. (I'm using an extender and I have macros to multiplex for each room, so this would not be a conflict ) The OEMl remote and the version 2 of this upgrade didn't control the DISH Satelite. But the 00775 Satelite in the RS 15-135 does control both devices. When I decoded those signals they appeared to be a JVC-A and none of the JVC protocols in KM could produce this JVC-A protocol when sent from the 1067A.

Is the protocol for the 00775 15-135 upgrade in the 1067a?

If I know the protocol, hopefully I can search through the dishnetwork upgrades and find something that uses the official protocol.

Controling 3 rooms with this remote has made memory a little tight, since I need to build new upgrades for most of the equipment because I need all the obscure functions since almost all of the OEM remotes have been destroyed by the lady's dogs.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you verify that you have IR hooked up to DecodeIR correctly, because I seem to recall that the Dish Network protocol shows up as JVC-A when IR uses it's internal decoder (instead of DecodeIR).

But regardless, the SAT/0775 code uses the Dish Network protocol with a device code of 0 (remote address 1). In more recent remotes, UEI has switched this code to use the Dish Network Combo protocol. The first wave of new remotes (starting with the 15-2116 and URC-8910) had fixed data "00 00 80 08 00" and then the next wave (ie, 15-100, URC-8820) had fixed data "00 00 80 08 20". These translate to the following RM settings:

Dev1: 0
Dev2: 1
Dev3: 16
Dev4: 0 or 4
Addr: 1

There are several other setup codes in the URC-8820 that use the Dish Network Combo protocol:
Sat/0775 (remote address 0, dev4=4)
Sat/1170 (remote address 1, dev4=0)
Sat/1775 (remote address 0, dev4=0)
VCR/1944 (remote address 0, dev4=0)
VCR/1945 (remote address 1, dev4=0)
VCR/1946 (remote address 2, dev4=0)

The following DNC codes are in the 15-135:
Sat/1775 (remote address 0, dev4=12)

The only Comcast remote that has the DNC protocol is the JP1.3 version (30393039), which has the following codes:

Sat/1775 (remote address 0, dev4=0)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you verify that you have IR hooked up to DecodeIR correctly, because I seem to recall that the Dish Network protocol shows up as JVC-A when IR uses it's internal decoder (instead of DecodeIR).

I'll check that out.

Can you tell me where I might find the IRP of the DishNetwork signals so that if I can't get these to decode with the versions of the tools I have at home, that I can decode them by hand.

Working without internet access sucks. I'm addicted to this site.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember the format off the top of my head, but I do remember that UEI originally had it as an 8-8 format, whereas I think it's really 6-5-5
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right, I did have the decodeIR turned off. Even with decodeIR turned on Display/Info decoded into JVC-A. Fortunately the code for that was in the Dishnetwork upgrade in the file section.

Thanks for the help.

I'm glad to finally be using my 1067a's. They are great for handling these set top boxes. They have all the buttons I need, and with the extender they are giving me the flexability that original remote lacks. The 3 light system makes it easier for my user's to understand too.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm puzzled by the current status of this one.
The Robman wrote:
I seem to recall that the Dish Network protocol shows up as JVC-A when IR uses it's internal decoder (instead of DecodeIR).

Did this thread change from discussing one Dish protocol to discussing another? The .ir originally posted by Techcrazy shows up as "Unknown 57.142 kHz signal " when I try to decode it, but I gather it was found to be a standard UEI protocol.

Do you want this added to DecodeIR? If so, can you summarize what is known about the signal structure? An IRP would be wonderful if known.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I'm puzzled by the current status of this one.
The Robman wrote:
I seem to recall that the Dish Network protocol shows up as JVC-A when IR uses it's internal decoder (instead of DecodeIR).

Did this thread change from discussing one Dish protocol to discussing another?

Yes, starting with this post Vicky started asking about SAT/0775 which uses the "Dish Network" protocol, and that sometimes shows up as JVC in IR.exe.

mathdon wrote:
The .ir originally posted by Techcrazy shows up as "Unknown 57.142 kHz signal " when I try to decode it, but I gather it was found to be a standard UEI protocol.

Do you want this added to DecodeIR? If so, can you summarize what is known about the signal structure? An IRP would be wonderful if known.

It's MSB, the freq is 57 kHz, it's 10 bits long, the pairs are:
leadin: +400 -9400
one: +400 -2730
zero: +400 -4430
leadout: n/a

Here's my stab at an IRP for it:

PID-$00F0 {57k,400,msb}<1,-11|1,-7>(1,+23,F:5,D:5)+
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: