JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Toshiba AV500PR (TV), Toshiba SD-890KR (DVD Player)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexey1960

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Toshiba AV500PR (TV), Toshiba SD-890KR (DVD Player) Reply with quote

Hi.
Sorry for my english. It's not my native language.
I only recently have bought the Radio Shack 8 in 1 Kameleon 15-2138 and I cant say that I have a satisfaction.
I think there are no remote control for DVD without buttons such as: zoom, subtitle and so on. That why this device doesn't has it? It's very strange.
Since the "learning key" works not always correctly, I hope the right codes will be the good way to resolve these problems.
Therefore I have to ask with request to help me with searching codes for my 2 devices.
Thanks in advance.
1. Device: Toshiba AV500PR, Toshiba SD-890KR
2. Type of device: TV, DVD player
3. Year: 2008
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Radio Shack 8 in 1 Kameleon 15-2138
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, DVD/1234
10. Learning remote question? n/a
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexy,

What is your native language?

It appears that you are looking for codes for some of your DVD Player's functions like zoom, subtitle, angle.

If your DVD player is working with DVD/1234 which is a Nec1 112, then we don't have any Toshiba DVD upgrades that would hel. The easiest way to find out what those keys would be would be to capture them and then read the learned information from the remote with a cable. But you don't have the cable. The next thing you could try is sending efc's to see if you can find these, but this can be dangerous.

Does your remote accept WAV files? If yes, then you could try the various Toshiba TV upgrades in the file section. Some of them look quite promising.
alexey1960

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To vickyg2003.
Thanks for your answer.
My native language is russian.
As to learning key, I was tried to learn it, but almost always I have to do it several times for each buttons. And eventually the remote memory was ended.
I don't understood what is mean "try is sending efc's". What is efc and why using it may be dangerous?
My remote supports upgrade by means Wav-file download. Therefore if I'll find the appropriate file for Toshiba TV, I'll try to do it.
Anyway, thanks for your advices.

P.S.
I have another question yet. I fond two txt (Key Map file) files: one - for TV, second for DVD. Is there an ability to convert it (txt-file) into Wav-file?
Thanks in advance.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As to learning key, I was tried to learn it, but almost always I have to do it several times for each buttons. And eventually the remote memory was ended.

If you are having difficulty with learning make sure BOTH remotes have good batteries. Do your learning in the dark. Sunlight or flourescent light can both be bad for learning signals. Do a manufacturer's reset your remote and try learing again.

Quote:
I don't understood what is mean "try is sending efc's". What is efc and why using it may be dangerous?

The NEC signals have 256 different functions associated with any device/subdevice combination. Most UEI remotes let you send these different functions by pressing [set] followed by a 3 or 5 digit code. I think your remote would take 5 digit codes like 00025.....

These can discover new functions on your equipment, but they can also get you into service menus where you might lose all your settings or could make your device useless.

Quote:
I have another question yet. I fond two txt (Key Map file) files: one - for TV, second for DVD. Is there an ability to convert it (txt-file) into Wav-file?
Thanks in advance.

Yes. You'll need to download a few programs from the file section.

You'll need to download
IR 8.00
RDF's
IRtoWAV

KM (Excel spreadsheet) or RM (Java App)

You'll start off with opening the TXT file in RM or KM. (I am not sure that KM offers support for the 2138 so RM might be your best choice)

Change your remote to the 2138

Copy the results to an IR DEVICE

and then produce a WAV file.

Good Luck
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alexey1960 wrote:
I found two txt (Key Map file) files: one - for TV, second for DVD. Is there an ability to convert it (txt-file) into Wav-file?

You should post links to the two files as we might know of built in setup codes that match, and if we don't, maybe somebody here will create the WAV file for you.
alexey1960

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To vickyg2003

I have downloaded all program you wrote about. But I have not a time to learn how use it yet. I found out that KM support for the 2138 (at least, the list of remote includes the Kameleon 15-2138). But I still don't understand how to use the program keymap-master-v8.31.xls. Maybe someone can give me the link where I can find the description of this process in detail (step by step) and then I'll be able to learn how to use it. I hope that I don't too bother with my questions.

To The Robman

I think you're right. Of course, it's easier for me to give the links to the KM-files and to hope that somebody to do wav-file.
Here it is:
DVD - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=715
TV - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5493
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After more digging, I just found out that the RS 2138 doesn't have DVD/1234, so my assumption that this is Nec1 dev 112 is totally wrong. I am totally confused as to where the DVD/1234 came from.

The RS-2138 Manual suggests 0503, 0695, and 1045. The DVD upgrade you are trying to convert to wav will only work if your DVD is responding to code 0503.
alexey1960

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To vickyg2003
My DVD player is responding to code 0503. Just it's that code is used. Today I specially checked used code number.
Though I already think, maybe one should to stop all it. This only spends you time in vain. I'm afraid, here nothing to do with it. My DVD player is enough new model and it's unlikely that the KM-file (txt-file) containes the information about this device.
Anyway, my respect to all who take part in the try to help me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD/0503 is that standard code for Toshiba DVD players. That means that your player will almost certainly respond to almost all of the Toshiba DVD files in the file section.

We are confused about the DVD/1234 code that you listed in the first post as it doesn't appear that this code is actually in the 15-2138. Do you have any idea how this code got added?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alexey, understanding this forum must be very difficult in a foreign language.

When you answered this question

Quote:
9. Partially working setup code? Yes, DVD/1234

you led me astray. Your answer should have been yes,DVD/0503.

Now we know that your DVD player uses the most common codes for Toshiba and will probably work with the upgrade you have selected.

Quote:
My DVD player is enough new model and it's unlikely that the KM-file (txt-file) containes the information about this device.

This is FALSE. Most manufacturer's keep their codes stable over many models. If this were not true, universal remotes would not be possible.

The upgrade you listed has EFC's for zoom and subtitle and some other codes that go beyond the basic operations.

function - EFC

subtitles - 085

zoom 165

chapter up 212
chapter down 219
repeat 091
setup 213
disc select 039
display 118
angle 089
memory 087
random 086
A-B rpt 084
slow fwd 056
slow rev 054
3D 171
fl. Dimmer 169
open/close 1 144
open/close 2 147
last play 088

To test an efc

While in DVD mode

A short press of the {P} key , and then 0 8 5 should give you subtitles.

If this works you can paste the function to a key with a KEYMOVE.

Hopefully one of our Russian speaking members will see this post and help you.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Toshiba AV500PR (TV), Toshiba SD-890KR (DVD Player) Reply with quote

alexey1960 wrote:
1. Device: Toshiba AV500PR, Toshiba SD-890KR
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Radio Shack 8 in 1 Kameleon 15-2138
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No

Just in case you should decide to get the cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: