JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KM update suggestion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
daveoram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: KM update suggestion Reply with quote

I particularly like the option in KM to print off a code list (Next to last tab). Would it be possible to include in a future version something similar where the user can type in an overview or summary of the complete options available for their particular setup. All that would be needed is a blank sheet formatted in the same way with the protection removed.

I think it would make a great program that little bit better.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: KM update suggestion Reply with quote

daveoram wrote:
IAll that would be needed is a blank sheet formatted in the same way with the protection removed.

Isn't that why Bill Gates had his minions develop Notepad? 8)

All kidding aside, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're asking for. It sounds something like a free-form Notes section... or am I missing something?
daveoram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I have done is just copy the relevant sheet to a new workbook (Formats/Column widths only) so I can make a free form summary sheet in the same format as the device upgrade reference sheets. I, like others I think, Store all my keymap sheets in a folder near my remote and it just looks neat in the same layout as the KM printouts, and makes it easy for babysitters and other guests to quickly have a complete reference to how the remote is set up (both for each device and the overall operation of the remote). Yes I agree that a free form notepad like the summary in IR would do, but I have not figured out how to print that out without copy/paste to a text editor - and that loses the formatting. I just like things to look nice.

Posted an example of what I mean to the misc folder (7562 operation overview) for you to see what I mean. Will delete it when youv'e had chance to check it as it is rather large and I dont want to leave it clogging up the space on the forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: