JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vizio VF550XVT tv

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dunb440

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Vizio VF550XVT tv Reply with quote

1. Device: Vizio VF550XVT
2. Type of device:TV
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 9810 (Balboa Dolphin II remote)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? yes and no
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the "yes and no" answer to question 10, isn't the Balboa a learning remote? If it is, have you tried just learning the buttons from your Vizio remote?

But before you do that, try the following TV codes: 0030, 0056, 0178.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glen,

Vizio TV support was introduced in the JP1.2 and JP1.3 remotes.

There are three 6 Vizio TV setups that we know of.

Code:
TV 0864 Nec1 Device 0   EFC 247 = 1
TV 0885 Nec1 Device 1   EFC 247 = 1
TV 1499 Nec1 Device 96 EFC 222 = 1
TV 1755 emerson           EFC 113 = 1
TV 1756 Nec1 Device 96 EFC 180 = 1
TV 1758 Nec1 Device 4  EFC 117 = 1

I'm not sure if the Dolphin Balboa 2 is the Dolphin Balboa in the Devices worksheet, nor am I sure that the balboa is capable of doing EFC's. I did look at the devices spreadsheet while none of these devices are available in the Dolphin Balboa (didn't say 2) there are Nec1 device 1,4,or 96 in the balboa. The emerson we may be out of luck since I don't know how those codes work. But if you choose a device that has the corect setup and if your remote can shoot efc's we can check to see if what kind of device it is, and maybe we can do this with all keymoves. If not perhaps you'll need to get a cable and make an upgrade, since I'm sure you want the dolphin for use at the spa.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three of the TV codes that I suggested (ie, 0030, 0056, 0178) have EFC 117 assigned to the "1" button, so if your Vizio set uses TV/1758, any of those three setup codes should work (just experiment to find the best fit).

If your set really uses the TV/0864 setup code (NEC1, dev 0) you can experiment with setup code CBL/0040 where the "2" button should send the code for the Vizio "5" button.

If your set really uses the TV/0885 setup code (NEC1, dev 1) you can experiment with setup code DVD/0711 where the "POWER" button should send the code for the Vizio "MUTE" button.

If your set really uses the TV/1756 setup code (NEC1, dev 96) you can experiment with setup code VCR/0042 where the "0" button should send the code for the Vizio "0" button.

If you get a hit with one of the above experiments, this will tell us which code your TV really uses, then we can try and figure out the next step for you.
dunb440

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Remote programmer for hire? Reply with quote

Is there anyone on here I can send this stupid remote to that can program it?

Its making me nutty! lol

Glenn
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you willing to pay for the service?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Goldstar or LG, tv codes in your remote.
dunb440

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Sure I can pay.. Reply with quote

Whats fair?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

$20 plus shipping.
wnewell

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote programmer for hire? Reply with quote

dunb440 wrote:
Is there anyone on here I can send this stupid remote to that can program it? Its making me nutty! lol

Searches for that remote says it's a learning remote. Read your manual and and do a code search with the remote. When you find a code that partially works, use your original remote to learn the other buttons. It's not that hard. If you can't find a code that partially works, just learn the buttons from the original. Another option would be to get a JP1 cable so you could actually program anything you wanted into it as actual device codes. That is however some what more challenging than the learning buttons. Before you start, you should reset the remote. Usually code 980. 981 will wipe out all but factory programming on some/all? models.
red_rat2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same TV model. It shipped with a Vizio remote which is obviously by UEI. (Has a JP1.3 connector inside.)

Dumping the contents of the remote (factory config) shows that this TV has setup code TV/1758.

Hope this helps.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a Vizio 26" TV bought in 2009. It works perfectly with 1758. After the dog ate the Vizio remote (literally!) I first used an older remote which didn't support 1758, and used 0178 instead. That controlled the power, volume and number keys, but didn't correctly control things like input, arrow keys, and menu. I filled in the holes with keymoves using EFCs from the upgrade files provided on this site. Now I'm using a Comcast remote which does support 1758.

If I understand the Vizio sales literature correctly, the two TVs use the same remote, so the codes should be the same.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Vizio VF550XVT tv Reply with quote

dunb440 wrote:
1. Device: Vizio VF550XVT
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 9810 (Balboa Dolphin II remote)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no

If you ever decide to get a cable, I found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: