JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RCA Scenium HD50PLPW42 codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjamesjr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: RCA Scenium HD50PLPW42 codes Reply with quote

1. Device: RCA HD50LPW42
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2002??? not sure how old it is now
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-2138
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? NO
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Ok what I am looking for is the Auto tune codes for this TV. I hate having to run thru all the inputs when I change source. There is an Auto tune function built in the Remote that came with it. I have tried to have my 15-2138 learn the function but it only errors out when I try. Anyone have any ideas on these particular functions. I have the 15-2138 controlling all the other functions but have not been able to get these to work. I used the Modem function with a wav file to upgrade my 15-2138.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
9. Partially working setup code (or upgrade)?
Have you found a code in your UEI remote that works at least some of the functions of your device, even if it's just the POWER button or the VOLUME buttons? If you have, please state what the code is (eg, DVD/0571). PLEASE include both parts of the code, eg, DVD *and* 0571. If you just say 0571 we won't know if you mean TV/0571, CBL/0571, etc). If you've found an upgrade where some buttons work, please provide a link to it for us. The more info you provide, the more likely it is that we can help. DO NOT refer to upgrades downloaded from the file section by their "setup code", just provide a link to the file you're using.

"Yes" doesn't really answer the question that was asked.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you are having trouble learning a signal, make sure you are using the correct learning procedure
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect the OP is no longer reading this thread, but this thread makes me think we might need to add even more instruction (that most people ignore) to that question 9.

Given how many people seem to be using downloaded .wav files, we might need to explain.

If the partially working upgrade is from a downloaded .wav file, sometimes the device type and setup code number are enough, but sometimes we need the .wav file. For fastest results, assume we will need the .wav file and post it to the diagnosis area and provide its URL there.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: RCA Scenium HD50PLPW42 codes Reply with quote

jjamesjr wrote:
1. Device: RCA HD50LPW42
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 15-2138

Ok what I am looking for is the Auto tune codes for this TV.

Found a match and recorded the IR signals with the JP1 tools to create the respective files.
I suspect the you're Auto Tune is called "StartInput" on the above decode.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: