JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Shift command for URC-9910
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Experimenting in RM I assigned discrete on/off to Phantom1/2 but can't locate it (the button) on the remote... help Sad
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're the 3 circles below the remote picture on the layout tab in RM. They're not actual buttons. They're virtual buttons. That's why they're called phantoms. When you paste the code into IR, you'll end up with 2 new keymoves (assuming you have enough free memory). If it doesn't make sense, just forget about phantoms, and put the discrete on/off's on some other buttons or on shifted buttons. You can put any function on just about any button you like.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

radunn wrote:
Experimenting in RM I assigned discrete on/off to Phantom1/2 but can't locate it (the button) on the remote... help Sad

Do you recall the earlier discussion about phantom buttons and how you only use them for functions that you only need to use in macros? The "only use in macros" part means that you don't need these functions to be assigned to physical buttons on the remote.

The term "phantom" is meant to be a clue to the fact that these are not physical buttons.

So, back to the subject at hand, the fact that you assigned discrete on and off to phantom buttons means that you have decided that you don't need to use these functions outside of macros, so why are you trying to locate these buttons on the remote? The only place you need to be able to locate them is in IR.exe when you are programming your macros.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

So, back to the subject at hand, the fact that you assigned discrete on and off to phantom buttons means that you have decided that you don't need to use these functions outside of macros, so why are you trying to locate these buttons on the remote? The only place you need to be able to locate them is in IR.exe when you are programming your macros.

Thank you, all you guys coaching is finally starting to sink in Laughing.

Now, for devices that don't have discrete on/off options, I reckon nothing can be done for those; correct?

Any recommendations for a remote comparable to the urc-9910 but has more room for expansion? It seems using discrete on/off requires alot more move/macro memory considering device combinations.

Again, thanks much for your needed support.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're running out of memory in the URC-9910, maybe you should load up a copy of your IR file into the Diagnosis Area folder (and then post a link to it here) so we can take a look at it. There's a good chance that we can give you some memory usage reduction ideas.

Alternatively, maybe it's time to step up to the extender, which will give you tons more memory to play with. But I think it's probably a better idea to let us reduce your memory usage first.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The file is the current configuration on the remote. I'm doing an experimental IR revamp of which I noticed a double Device entry and several unnecessary/wasted entries at Key Moves.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6438
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no comments or notes in this IR file, so I don't know why you've programmed all the keymoves that are there. Could you write up a description of what all the keymoves actually do, and why you need them.

I notice that there are a lot of shifted keymoves. Maybe you could use the device multiplexor as a sort of SHIFT function. The multiplexor basically change the setup code from one code to another, so you could program two upgrades for the same device where the first one has all the regular buttons programmed and the second one has all of the "shifted" functions programmed, but programmed to the un-shifted buttons. Then you could use the multiplexor to switch between each upgrade. Do you think that would help?
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
There's no comments or notes in this IR file, so I don't know why you've programmed all the keymoves that are there. Could you write up a description of what all the keymoves actually do, and why you need them.

Most (if not all) of the key moves result from the fact that there were not any more buttons to assign the upgrade buttons to.
Quote:

I notice that there are a lot of shifted keymoves. Maybe you could use the device multiplexor as a sort of SHIFT function. The multiplexor basically change the setup code from one code to another, so you could program two upgrades for the same device where the first one has all the regular buttons programmed and the second one has all of the "shifted" functions programmed, but programmed to the un-shifted buttons. Then you could use the multiplexor to switch between each upgrade. Do you think that would help?

I'm willing to take a look at it. I've just revised the 9910 freeing up more macro/move memory and ridding a significant amount of key moves. Most of the key moves were Shifted VCR useless keys; so I deleted them.
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF you look at my uploaded IR file (Learned Signals tab) the RCVR/AMP is an upgrade via OFA tech support about a year ago. I don't know why "those keys" had to be learned as they appear to be default remote keys. If I were to do a complete upgrade via RM/IR.exe would I lose the upgrade provided by tech support? Does anyone know if tech support will be back?

Revising IR via RM, I now have 62 free Move/Macro memory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: