JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about Sony mpu-f100a TBC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosstalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Question about Sony mpu-f100a TBC Reply with quote

Hello. I am using a Sony mpu-f100a as a time base corrector for transferring old vhs tapes to dvd. I bought this thing on ebay, so I have no manuals. If someone has access to a manual, can you tell me what the DIP switches on the back do? The unit seems to be doing its job just fine, but I'm curious what all the settings are. Also, can anything interesting be done via the rs232 interface?

Thanks,
Rich
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony consumer site identifies it as a Broadcast product and directs you to http://pro.sony.com/bbsc/home.do
I didn't get any hits on the model number there however. You might want to double check the lettering and look for any other ID or model on the case.
Sony Broadcast is completely separate from the Consumer division so I had very little contact with them during my 30+ years servicing their consumer products. You might try over at the AVS forum. There are some TV engineers that post there regularly.
crosstalk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve. Yes, it is an old broadcast product. I will post in the avs video processor forum (seems like the best fit).
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find out anything, please post back here with the details, just to close the loop.
crosstalk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I found out from avs forum:

SW1 & SW2 set the baud rate.
SW3 & SW4 set the RGB horz position
SW5 selects input format: OFF = component, ON = RGB
SW6 selects output format: OFF = component, ON = RGB

Service manual (which includes schematics and operating instructions) is available from sony service as noted below. The manual part number is 997548901. Have fun!

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/sony-parts.aspx

MPUF100P 997548901 997548901 S/MANUAL

Call 1-800-538-7550 for information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: