JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ZENITH TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hillbillybill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: ZENITH TV Reply with quote

I have a Zenith 13" Mod#SMS1324S Chassis # CN100C that has a picture with a deep blue tint. Sometimes the screen turns completely blue with no picture. The problem arose suddenly. Any ideas?
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zenith always had problems with the board-to-board connectors, reseating them would be the first step. The RGB gain controls on the CRT board have a tendency to get touchy. Turning them slightly and back to the original position may be a quick (but possibly temporary) fix.

This assumes that it is a traditional Zenith set and not one of the Goldstar TVs. (Goldstar, also known as LG or LGE) is now the owner of the Zenith name and uses it for marketing.

The picture tube could be going bad, too. Tapping gently on the neck with a small stick (pencil, pen, etc) could make it obvious if this is the case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Electronics Repair All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: