JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8910 lerning remote control is out of stock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pacia79

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: URC-8910 lerning remote control is out of stock Reply with quote

I can't find the learning remote URC-8910. Any ideas where to find it?

Thanks

Andrea
greenough1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. the 8910's cannot be found. I spent a bit of time searching/googling and found none in stock from e-tailers or ebay. I think we have to face it that the JP1 remotes 60xx, 881x, 8910, etc. are disappearing.

As they die/break/wear-out, we have to move on to the newer JP1.x flash remotes. I'm in the process of setting up some JP1.x flash Atlas 1056 OCAP (30333 sig) remotes for the bedroom and the living room, for when that happens.

jeff
Jon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found the 8910 'supposedly' in stock at 2 small websites in the past couple months. I'm dealing with Paypal now disputing both orders. One site answered back canceling order & thinking they credited me back (but their bank didn't actually send money), the other site had no response from either phone calls or emails & of course never sent product. Mad

My 8910 is still working fine but when I realized a few months ago that they're almost impossible to find I figured I'd grab a back-up one while I still had a chance. The only place I've seen them at a halfway decent price is on occasionally on Ebay. There is currently a seller on there selling 2 used ones, at $70 each! I've seen them on there for much better prices though. I was hoping Robman would have his connections for getting these things forever. Crying or Very sad

If you do find a legit seller please post back who they are though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My OFA connections were with "CT Global" who distributed OFA until recently, but now that Audiovox has taken over, I don't have a connection anymore because Audiovox refuses to work with me.

I may be making a few URC-8910 and URC-8811 remotes available soon.
greenough1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really annoying corporate attitude I see all too often. It underlies the fact that they just don't care about the most serious users of their remotes. It also shows that they just don't get it that there's no harm in working with the jp1 community. They should be asking themselves: what's the worst that can happen working with the jp1'ers? Answer: nothing since the market share is so small.

And some on. audiovox taking this sort of view is laughable. Aside from OFA's, I can't remember when I last bought and audiovox product. For RCA, there are many other choices that are better/cheaper. Terk is a joke in the antenna industry (sort of like monster cables, but at least monster cables work). Jensen, when I was in high school in the late 70's, was good for 3-way car speakers. But now there are other choices that are better at the same price point.

Sorry for the rant, but this sort of thing just sets me off! Flames off Wink

Best,
jeff
Jon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To anyone interested, Robman did quietly make a few more 8910's available for sale on his store page on this site. As of the writing of this post there are still a couple left. I got mine & as always it was a pleasure dealing with him, quick & easy (just the way I like 'em). Thanks again Rob. Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all out of the 8910 again.
eterna1venom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: URC 8910 Reply with quote

The Robman
Hi ROb,

What do i need to do to convince you to make an URC 8910 for me. i've had to bang my head against the wall to find one and it turned out nothing to me a hoax from a retailer!
I dont care if i have to pay u $50-$100 bucks, i'll do it.
Please make this happen for me.
Thanks. Smile
wnewell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why you don't upgrade to a newer remote. I just got a couple of 10820 remotes and they put my old 8810's to shame. Lots more memory. I learned a 37 button remote with it before I got my JP1.x cable and it didn't even put a dent in the memory. Since getting the cable I've loaded 3 upgrages to it and it's not even half way full. Had I known how much more learning capability this remote had I probably wouldn't of even messed with a JP1.x cable, although I must confess I like the idea of the upgrades that don't go away with a 980 reset. And you can find these new reomtes for about $13 all day long. Only thing they don't have is an LCD and backlight, Neither of which matters one bit too me. Never used the backlight on the 8810 anyway.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only thing they don't have is an LCD and backlight, Neither of which matters one bit too me. Never used the backlight on the 8810 anyway.

They also require another cable, which makes the jump a little costly. The folks here really like the LCD. The display can be customized with JP1 tools which can be really helpful for a complicated setup.

The only newer remote with the LCD isn't JP1able out of the box. It requires a difficult modification. So the 8910 users will remain loyal.

[/quote]
Jon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
So the 8910 users will remain loyal.

You got that right! Very Happy Thanks to Rob I now have a couple spares for the inevitable day my current one craps out. The LCD doesn't seem like a huge thing at all, but it is nice to push a button & have it say the actual device, 'xbox 360', 'tosh dvd', etc, just one more thing to customize to make it "MY" remote.

The 10820 was going to be my next choice if I couldn't find any more 8910's, but didn't want the added expense of new cable & really like the layout of the 8910. Not a whole lot of memory left in mine but I already have 8 devices programmed in it with all kinds of macros & keymoves & such.
Jon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Re: URC 8910 Reply with quote

eterna1venom wrote:
The Robman
Hi ROb,

What do i need to do to convince you to make an URC 8910 for me. i've had to bang my head against the wall to find one and it turned out nothing to me a hoax from a retailer!
Thanks. Smile

As I mentioned a few posts back, there are some 8910's available on eBay. I've seen used ones as well as new ones on there, well within your price range.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: URC 8910 Reply with quote

eterna1venom wrote:
The Robman
Hi ROb,

Thanks. Smile

I do have some used 8910s that will need servicing before I make them available for sale, so if you really want an 8910 and don't mind if it's not pristine, I can help you out. I still have JP1 (EEPROM) cables too.
eterna1venom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hook me up with the 8910 remote rob! Smile
i sent u a PM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: