JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

10 device JP1 remote?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchewd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: 10 device JP1 remote? Reply with quote

I love my RCA RCU810 remote. However, I need a remote that can accept 10 devices. Are there any JP1 remotes that can handle 10 or more devices?

Thanks,
Dan
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several JP1 remotes go as high as 8 devices, the 10820 accepts 10 devices (never seen one). It wouldn't work with your JP1 cable, however, it would require a JP1.2/3 cable.

However, many JP1 remotes can handle more devices than they have device buttons using the Device Multiplexer Special Protocol, usually included in most extenders, and you can "stack" several devices on a single device key.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a URC-10820, I have one I can sell you along with the required cable.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the (European) URC-7781 which handles 12 devices plus radio-controlled light units but it has the drawback of requiring you to scroll through the devices rather than hit a hard button.

I've got three 8820's (not for sale by the way, no chance) and they have 8 device buttons but can control 10 devices as they are internally the same as the 10820. No backlight but very happy with them as, I suspect, you will be with the 10820. I think the 8820 extender written by vickyg works with the 10820 which mkes it a very powerful remote.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10820 is bigger than its siblings, the 6820 and 8820. It feels better in the hand than the other remotes too. The keys are just slightly farther apart making key selection a tad easier and when you pick it up, the slight flairing of its body is enough to tell you if you're pointing it in the right direction.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst musing as to whether a tad was greater than or less than a smidgin I looked those words up using a famous web search engine and came to this forum which is a model of tolerance and civility. Don't click on the link unless you actually like to read people being verbally abusive to one another.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
The 10820 is bigger than its siblings, the 6820 and 8820. It feels better in the hand than the other remotes too. The keys are just slightly farther apart making key selection a tad easier and when you pick it up, the slight flairing of its body is enough to tell you if you're pointing it in the right direction.

heres photo of the 10820 next 8810 and the 8820, the 10820 is in the middle:

8810/10820/8820
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Laughing In this case a tad is 1/2 inch longer; 1/2 inch wider at the IR end and the same width at the bottom. Its about 1/8 inch thicker, hard to measure without calipers. The remote takes 4 batteries instead of 2, giving it a heavier, more substantial feeling.
mappedyr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a URC-10820 cheaply from something named Z9 Electronics. It only costs USD 13.49. They also have the URC-8820 for USD 12.19.

/Kjeld
marchewd

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman
How much would you charge for the remote and cable. They don't make the 8810 in a 10 device remote, do they? I really like the backlight feature. It's one of the reason's that I have kept my RCU810. It's a great feature. I also posted about an Onkyo code in the code section. Here is the a link to it: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10511.

Would/does this remote accept this protocol?

Thanks again,
Dan
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh... The RCU810

that's the remote that got me started in this silly exercise. Unfortunately, no one has ever back-ported one of the newer extenders to this remote so that you could do things like multiplex and long keypress. I was going to do it at one point, but tired of the remote and moved on (to the 15-2116)

-bill
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The x820 series look alot like the 6131nw. Do they have the hard edged indented side like the 6131?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marchewd wrote:
The Robman
How much would you charge for the remote and cable. They don't make the 8810 in a 10 device remote, do they? I really like the backlight feature. It's one of the reason's that I have kept my RCU810. It's a great feature. I also posted about an Onkyo code in the code section. Here is the a link to it: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10511.

Would/does this remote accept this protocol?

Thanks again,
Dan

$20 for the remote, $20 for the cable, plus $5 shipping, and yes, it would accept that protocol.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I just sold my last JP1 (Flash) cable, but I still have 1 URC-10820 left.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: