JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Scientific Atlanta 8000 Cable Box/DVR help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bsoplinger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Scientific Atlanta 8000 Cable Box/DVR help Reply with quote

I'm rather new to the JP1 thing and I've managed to load a number of device files with KM and IR and my remote's shaping up.

I'm totally baffled though, by 1 thing. How exactly do I know what someone's programmed the keys to do? That is, will the key tab of the spreadsheet with KM tell me everything I want to know?

I'm asking because specifically for the Scientific Atlanta Cable Box/DVR from my local TW provider needs a number of keys or functions that I don't see in the Key table yet they're necessary to actually do anything with the DVR part of the functionality. There is a LIST function which is how you pick recorded shows, and the A, B and C keys for dealing with that listing and recording in general. I'm baffled how a device file (section 3 over at Yahoo, under Cable) with this description "Scientific_Atlanta_Explorer_8000.txt
Explorer 8000 cable box/DVR - includes keymoves and 30-second skip code" could be missing theses things.

Additional info/question/user lack of understanding: If I load the file into the spreadsheet it shows these things set to keys like @surround, @1s, etc. But they disappear when I change the Remote field on the first page to my remote, the 15-2117.

I'm guessing there's some magic here, manual intervention required on my part to get this competely correct, but I've no clue what it would be. Help please. TIA
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Scientific Atlanta 8000 Cable Box/DVR help Reply with quote

bsoplinger wrote:
I'm totally baffled though, by 1 thing. How exactly do I know what someone's programmed the keys to do? That is, will the key tab of the spreadsheet with KM tell me everything I want to know?

The functions tab of KM will tell you what EFCs or OBCs are part of the upgrade. The Buttons tab tells you what functions are assigned to what physical buttons.
bsoplinger wrote:
I'm asking because specifically for the Scientific Atlanta Cable Box/DVR from my local TW provider needs a number of keys or functions that I don't see in the Key table yet they're necessary to actually do anything with the DVR part of the functionality. There is a LIST function which is how you pick recorded shows, and the A, B and C keys for dealing with that listing and recording in general. I'm baffled how a device file (section 3 over at Yahoo, under Cable) with this description "Scientific_Atlanta_Explorer_8000.txt
Explorer 8000 cable box/DVR - includes keymoves and 30-second skip code" could be missing theses things.
Additional info/question/user lack of understanding: If I load the file into the spreadsheet it shows these things set to keys like @surround, @1s, etc. But they disappear when I change the Remote field on the first page to my remote, the 15-2117.

It looks like someone was set A,B,C, & List to the 1s & Surround buttons (+ others you haven't mentioned). This is done on the buttons tab. Your remote doesn't have a 1s key and may not have a Surround key (that's why those mappings went away. Your best bet is to take a look at the buttons tab and map these functions to keys on your remote.

Why don't you try that and come back with questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: