JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

playstation ps3 and IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan_s

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to mail anything to anyone if you have a cable. Just download what you've learned to your 9910 and use that to make an upgrade yourself. If you need help with that check http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1009 on the KM or RM sections. If you don't have a cable I'd recommend looking into one. It's well worth it IMO.
pablo m

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I have a cable. Just didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone else has already created a file. I'm not sure I'll have time to do it anytime soon.
Come on Herbie I'm counting on you (just kidding).
whompus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5245 I have not tested it. Can not until after my Grandson opens his gift Christmas morning. It is simple nec1 protocol so there should be no problem with it.
Drexl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Nyko package and have tried the update file, but for some reason, none of the transport buttons on my 8810 except F.Rev and F.Fwd work. It doesn't matter what functions I assign to them.

What I have noticed is that this kit only emulates the buttons from the game controller - there is no audio or subtitle button, for instance, but of course these can be selected from that menu you get when you press Triangle. The Nyko remote has buttons for transport and menu/display, but the controller buttons have been mapped to these extra buttons. For example, the "Play" button on the Nyko remote is just Start, and the "Top Menu" button is Square, which actually brings up the Pop-up menu on the disc. The "Stop" button is Circle, and does not do what the real stop button does on the Bluetooth remote. (On the Nyko, it takes you to the screen where it prompts you to quit playback, rather than just stopping and going back to the XMB immediately like on the BT remote.) They just map them to the extra buttons for the sake of intuitiveness.

Now, the upgrade file has a different command for each Nyko button, but I suspect that when they reach the dongle, they point to the controller commands anyway.

I suppose it works well enough, but again, most of the transport buttons on my 8810 won't work for some reason. Whompus, did you have this issue with yours?
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 8811 as well as 6131 works just like the nyko remote does. That being said, I will say I dont like the nyko setup much. The only good it does is give basic function to a universal remote. What I dont like most is, if you boot the ps3 with the dongle connected it will assign the dongle to port 1. For games port 1 has to be assigned to a game controller. I will likely just get the bt remote for media use of the ps3.
gfoster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up the Intec PS3 IR remote from Future Shop (Canada) this week.

I've got a 6800B00 and have tried learning the 14 buttons, but can't seem to get a decent read on many of them.

- New batteries installed in both units.

- Setup -> 975
-> CD (1 on learning remote, up arrow on Intec), hold down intec button until two flashes.
-> 2 on learning remote, left arrow on Intec.
-> repeat for other buttons
EDIT: -> star/setup until two blinks to lock in

A few buttons work, but many don't. Standing in the same position, the Intec remote performs as expected.

What's the next step ?

Last edited by gfoster on Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That learning procedure doesn't sound quite right. Last step is usually Setup for 2 blinks to lock in, not another 975. If that's what you've been doing, you may not have been locking in the learns. On the finicky learns, try varying distance and duration (just a 1 sec press versus longer).
gfoster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry yes.. last step should have read 'hold setup until 2 flashes'. That'll teach me to be typing and reading notes at the same time Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfoster wrote:
A few buttons work, but many don't. Standing in the same position, the Intec remote performs as expected.

What's the next step ?

Load a copy of your IR file (with the learns in it) to the Diagnosis Area folder in the file section, then start a new post in the Protocol Decodes forum. Include a link to the file in your post and explain which buttons work and which ones don't.
gfoster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob.

File uploaded and decode post listed here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72229#72229
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: