JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8910 is toast - need replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Legg

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: URC-8910 is toast - need replacement Reply with quote

URC-8910 is toast - need replacement

What is the best remote to replace this that uses the same JP1 cable. I would like to get another URC-8910 but they are hard to come by. It needs to be in the $30-$50 range. What's your opinion?

I am looking at a Kameleon 8. Does this use the same JP1 cable as the URC-8910? What's your opinion of this remote?

Thanks,

Larry
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All US models of Kameleon use traditional "EEPROM" JP1 cables, but I don't think they are generally well thought of around here (too much flash, not enough substance). Have you tried ebay for a new URC-8910?
Larry Legg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is amazing how a hair dryer and time left to dry out returns a remote to it's original function—it's alive!

I am still curious what would be the best remote to replace it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you want the best replacement, or the best replacement that will work with your "EEPROM" cable, because there's a difference.

All "EEPROM" remotes are now discontinued, so pretty much the only place to find them now is via places like ebay.

All current OFA and RS remotes are "Flash" remotes, so you would need a new JP1.2/3 (Flash) cable to program them.

The best replacement would be the RS 15-100 if it was JP1 ready out of the box, but unfortunately it needs a tricky mod to make it JP1 ready, so I would skip it.

The best of the current OFA remotes is probably the URC-8820. RS has a line of remotes with model numbers in the 15-13x series that are very cheap and quite popular.

There are also various models of Atlas remotes that can be had for a good price on ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: