JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 3000 & 3033 JP1.3 extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to pick a nit, but that would be the second AND THIRD. Twisted Evil

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mystery button F1 shows up since it's in the button list for those devices, the button list that is stored in the remote. F1 hex is 241 decimal, so IR is talking about the same button.

At one point it was suggested that RM and IR ignore buttons that are in the button list but do not have something defined as a text string, but I don't know if that ever got implemented. At least you wouldn't see it in the interface wondering what that was.

As for the remote, if I remember correctly, there was a certain combination of keys pressed that would cause the remote to behave like the F1 key was pressed. But I don't remember what it was.

-bill
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Unclemiltie,
I've been away from the forum for awhile, but I'm getting back into it.

I had to setup a new remote for the bedroom and put one of the 3033 Atlas remotes into service, at first unextended. The wife likes it better than the 6011 it replaced (dead power button).

Last night I did a first simple cut at setting it up extended for 3 devices (TV, CBL and DVD). Once I figured out what I needed to do and how to do it, I can say that DSM and LKP seem to work perfectly. I use the LKP's on the device keys for button layout control (short side) / device selection and system configuration via macros on the long side.

During the course of attemptiong to sett it up, I got it into a semi-dead state. I uploaded "00"'s and "FF"'s, then a virgin setup, (iterate a few times), and it came back to life. I somehow had gotten it into a state where I couldn't select the TV device, hence I couldn't execute the keymove to deactivate the extender.

There're one minor thing I noticed during testing of device selection and LKP. The CBL button doesn't lite up when selecting that device or when it executing parts of a macro that have selected CBL. Anyone notice this? The macros and the CBL device were successfully selected in either case.

I'll keep banging on it and will report back with any real issues. Thank you for your hard work. This extender will make this remote (Atlas) all the more popular.

Best,
jeff
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

Try a 981 reset after deactivating (if you can get that far), then re-upload and re-activate. That's gotten me out of the ditch several times. Also, the slightest mistake can have strange consequences, so post your IR file so someone can have a look.
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mdavej,
I couldn't get it into a state that where I could do a reset. I think I was off in infinite loop land... I've just kept banging on it via software and it'll eventually come back.

Best,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI - the "Deactivate" keymove doesn't have to be on the TV device, I just put it there for lack of a better place to put it.

In fact, the deactivate key doesn't really need to be there either, but I wanted to have one that was already defined in the setup so that people could undo the extender.

as for the CBL button not lighting, I've never seen that. Although I have moved on to the 15-134 as the remote of choice in my house. (the Atlas remotes don't have the skip-forward button on them, which I use a lot to skip commercials)
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
FYI - the "Deactivate" keymove doesn't have to be on the TV device, I just put it there for lack of a better place to put it.

It's my plan to put it on some other device and key, as a fail-safe Wink

A feature I'm liking on the Atlas is the page+/- and the day+/-. No skip? I'll have to look at that.

Best,
jeff
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Although I have moved on to the 15-134 as the remote of choice in my house. (the Atlas remotes don't have the skip-forward button on them, which I use a lot to skip commercials)

REALLY??? You use that remote with all the buttons lined up in rows over the Atlas? I don't like the appearance of the Atlas, but I can use it without needing to read the keys. With the rectangular remotes I have to put on my glasses and turn on the lights and hold the remote right under the light, and then those buttons are so dinky that I still hit the wrong one.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
Quote:

It's my plan to put it on some other device and key, as a fail-safe Wink

A feature I'm liking on the Atlas is the page+/- and the day+/-. No skip? I'll have to look at that.

Best,
jeff
Interesting....I just use the "LIVE" button to duplicate "Skip" and "Live" using LKP. Short press is "Skip", and Long press is Live. Works a treat.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great tip Capn.

jeff
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also the "swirl" key that could serve nicely as a skip button.

Also, I've uploaded my extender IR file HERE

When I run the LKP, the long side doesn't fire until I release the button. On my 8811 or 8910, the LKP fire once I've held the key long enough. Is there some subtlety?

Best,
jeff
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
There's also the "swirl" key that could serve nicely as a skip button.
But THAT's gotta be the "Skip BACK" (or "Instant Replay") button! You CAN'T use it for Skip Forward. Wink

Of course the unaffiliated F1 and F2 buttons are closely located so either of THOSE may work for you in this capacity.

(Ah, the beauty of JP1 - you make it do whatever YOU want!)

Amazon Firestick
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff,

I looked at your file and just have a few suggestions. I don't think it's causing any problems, but you can totally get rid of all your DSMs. Just put the commands from the DSMs in the main macro before you even call phantom2, then remove the phantom1 call from both sides of your LKPs. The short side of those can be completely blank since you did the x_device already in the main macro. That makes things a little less complex and uses one less protocol. And you could probably shorten your LKP's to around 2, but that's just personal preference.
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking mdavej. Doing it this way helped me in other setups where I was bumping into the maximum macro command length

I played with the LKP macros a bit more. If I press and hold the TV key indefinitely, the long side of the macro doesn't complete. It seems to only fire the X_TV, video selection (I don't have the exact IR file in from of me). The input selection (last part) only executes upon release of the button.

The first part of the long side executes after duration. The last part waits until key release.

This is different than the 8011/6011 extenders as well as the 8910/HTPro ones. In these, the long side executes to completion after duration delay with the key help.

Best,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff

Are you sure about that? I can't imagine how that would happen since once the extender loads the macro into the macro buffer, which it obviously has since it starts executing, the extender processes all of the keys in the buffer before handing control back to the remote. If there is any single macro that plays to the end, all macros will play to the end.

That is truly odd and I'm wondering if there is something else happening?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: