JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast Remote 1.3 (red button) and Samsung HT-DS610

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigDale

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Comcast Remote 1.3 (red button) and Samsung HT-DS610 Reply with quote

1. Device: Samsung HT-DS610
2. Type of device: DVD Home theater
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: JP ! Comcast 1.3
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? No

Need 5 digit code tried codes back to 2006
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigDale,

There is an upgrade for the Samsung HT-610 and it shows that the signals are Necx2 67, 83. According to the Devices.XLS, there are no upgrades using Necx2 67,83 in the Comcast 1067B red button remote. So without a cable, there isn't much you can do with the comcast 1067B. However the older Comcast 1058 and 1067a do have a Necx2 67,83 device that could be adapted with keymoves. You could possibly go to comcast and get a replacement and then play around with keymoves. I'd have trouble visualizing this, but some people can do all this stuff without ever seeing what's in the remote. You could invest in a cable, and get hooked on this hobby. Or you could buy a 1067B from the marketplace and have the seller add your upgrade. Or perhaps one of those half/price radioshack remotes would have all your codes.

Good luck
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not give up your red button comcast for one of ther older ones! You will lose a lot more than you gain!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Do not give up your red button comcast for one of ther older ones! You will lose a lot more than you gain!

While the redbutton remote does have 3x more memory, and a phantom device, which make it a better JP1 remote, does that advice apply to the non-jp1 user? I know it has different built in codes, but does it have a larger library? Are there more features to this remote? I haven't really explored the red button Comcast.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of the above....
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went back and looked at devices, and it appears that the red button remote loses 46 devices and picks up about 160 different device codes. If BigDale is using any device setups that are ONLY in the 1067B, then downgrading to an older model would definately not be a good option, but if BigDale has his other devices in both remotes, moving backwards could be a cost free fix. We don't know quite what level of control he's looking for. Since he hasn't played with the toys, he hasn't been infected with the JP1 sickness. Since he doesn't have the sickness it may be difficult to convince him to go with the cable. I think you should be able to get enough keymoves in to control the basic functions of the HT.
kupakai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Since he hasn't played with the toys, he hasn't been infected with the JP1 sickness. Since he doesn't have the sickness it may be difficult to convince him to go with the cable.

I saw his post at AVS forum in regards to the same question and his profile on that forum says he's an electronic engineer. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult for him to make the JP1.2 cable, if not actually get infected with the JP1 sickness. Very Happy

So BigDale, I'm glad you found this forum since that would have been part of my reply to the AVS forum's post. Vicky's right; If your Samsung HT has similar set of commands as the upgrade that is here for the HT-DS690 (and there's a good chance it is, since Samsung tends to be fairly consistent with their codes between models), the newer Comcast remote does not have the setup code you need built in to just type in advanced codes to add the functions for your HT.

If you want to use your Comcast remote to control your HT and you can't get the old version with the grey "OK" button (or you can't because of some other devices you have), you will most likely need to make or buy a JP1.2 cable. You can start learning about it here. The schematics is here, or you can purchase them here (check out Tommy Tyler's). While I'm not positive the file above will work with your HT, it's likely it will. Since the Comcast remote does not have a learning ability, you might want to also look into this
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I saw his post at AVS forum in regards to the same question and his profile on that forum says he's an electronic engineer. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult for him to make the JP1.2 cable, if not actually get infected with the JP1 sickness.

Oh yeah, he does sound suseptable to JP1 sickness! Laughing BigDale, make a cable!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: