JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha receiver uses 2 codes on 1 button.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irs009

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Yamaha receiver uses 2 codes on 1 button. Reply with quote

Howdy All,

It's been a long time since I bugged you, but I have a problem:

Yamaha RX-V363 AV receiver Year 2008
Factory remote: RAV283
JP1 remote: URC 8910 new, extender 1

The problem: When the factory remote is on Tuner, the numeric keys select preset stations.

When you switch to any other input, the numeric keys operate sound field related functions.

To eliminate the receiver from the equation, I have learned the numeric keys in Tuner mode, and an Amplifier mode. They are not the same. They share NEC1 Device 122, but the OBC's and EFC's are different.

My thoughts are that I will have to build two upgrades. One for the tuner, and one for everything else. But then, how will I manipulate sound fields in tuner mode? Come to think about it I don't know how to do that now.

All help and sharing of ideas will be appreciated. Thank You for reading this, Jack
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't need a separate upgrade since the protocol and device are the same. They could easily be part of the same upgrade you would just need to assign different functions to different keys on the remote. You could use shift Number key for one of the 2 things if you wanted to altho a more practical option might be to use the number keys for presets and use something else for the couple sound modes you normally use. ABCD or macro keys jump to mind as good options.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Few options:
Put your preset functions (those numbers) onto a Fav button. You can then cycle through them with each press, not good if too many.
You might be able to put sound fields someplace else, like the arrows array??
Perhaps you could use numbers for one bunch of things, and shift-numbers for something else, and x-shift for still something else?
8910 has a nasty Set button which is not easy to press. You may want to redirect shift to another button (I use the HT button as shift)
Read your IR learned signals. Chances are that the Amp mode and Tuner mode use different subdevices, in which case some NEC combo protocol should work.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Yamaha receiver uses 2 codes on 1 button. Reply with quote

irs009 wrote:
... how will I manipulate sound fields in tuner mode?
How do you do it with the OEM remote? It sounds like you cannot.

Anyways, everybody is giving you good advice, but personally, since you're already using the extender, I'd use LKPs to double-stack the commands on the numeric keys. An LKP is a LOT easier (imho) than rutting about for the setup button to execute a shifted command.

When you build your upgrade, put the regular tuner station preset commands on the corresponding numeric keys. Then assign all of your other sound field commands to the x-shifted numeric buttons.

Import that upgrade with its keymoves into IR.exe.

Then create an LKP keymove on each numeric button like this:
Device: RCVR/AMP
Button: 1
Type: LKP
Duration: Pick one (3-5 should be good)
Short: shift-1 (shift-cloaking will execute the underlying function)
Long: xshift-1

Repeat that for every button with a sound field command.

Then whenever you're in Tuner mode, a normal (short) press will select your preset station, while a longer press will set your sound field.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea of LKPs Capn Trips mentioned. Especially since i don't expect you'll be changing sound modes all that frequently.
irs009

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all. You've given me many options to choose from, and I'm sure I have enough information now to do something that will suit my needs. I've really never seen much need for radio presets to tell you the truth. I listen to talk radio, 1 ch on AM, and 1 on FM. I thought this would be easy when I saw all of the upgrades in the file section, and learned how consistent Yamaha was with their codes.

I looked at most of the upgrades and came to the conclusion that you just do what's important to you.

Thanks again, Jack
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I looked at most of the upgrades and came to the conclusion that you just do what's important to you.

Yes, you only assign buttons that make sense, but make sure to KEEP a list of every function in your KM or RM file, even if you don't use them. That makes your upgrade more usable for everyone.
irs009

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your point is well taken Vicky. Thank You for the advice. Jack
irs009

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted to start new thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: