JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas JP1.3 Extender beta - Topic CLOSED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_s wrote:
I got the Hex files and managed to get my setup created on a ocap 3033 remote. So far it seems to be working fine for everything except 1 thing. I use LKPs on 3 device keys. The way I have it setup is the basic device selection runs and then calls an lkp on X-Shift of that device key. The short side does nothing but the long side does several steps to get all my devices on the correct inputs. This is working fine on the cable and tv devices that set my system up for watching my DirecTV receiver and the TV's built in tuner respectively. It isn't however working on my DVD device which should switch the tv and receiver to different inputs and send the open command to my Toshiba hda2 to open the tray which turns it on if it's not. The upgrade works fine for controlling the DVD player and the other LKPs for the dvd device work fine. I've double and triple checked the dvd macro and the lkp on xshift dvd and everything looks fine to me. As far as I can tell none of the LKP is executing at all.

My first question would be does this configuration work on other remotes and extenders? I'd hate to spend a bunch of time chasing this to find out that it's something in your configuration, macros, or keymoves.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the config is a direct attempt to duplicate my setup on an atlas 1025 with vickys extender installed. The lkp works fine on the tv and cable devices and not the dvd device even tho they are setup the same.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I finally got to some of the more testing I had hoped to do.

I moved the LKP from xshift dvd to xshift 1 on the dvd device and it worked just fine. Switched it back to xshift dvd and it didn't work. What ever it is it seems to be specific to the dvd device key since it works fine on the tv and cable keys and on the 1 key for dvd but not the dvd key.

Also a side note. There doesn't seem to be any way to set the initial states for the remote so every time I upload to the remote again I have to hit my aud device before my volume control gets set to my receiver and stays there. Not a major issue but it is something I have to remember to do after uploading to the remote.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the extra diagnostics, I'm looking at it but don't see anything that stands out. I'm going to play with your config and see what I get. (moving to Xshift-1 will help me understand why this is doing this)

As for setting the initial devices, true. That's in the readme. I've not put that into the extender, since I haven't figured out how to do it just yet. The older extenders read this from E2 on activation and a reset caused them to be read again. This extender doesn't need to be activated on reset so I have to find a different way to do it. I have a couple of ideas, but figured I'd leave this "restriction" in until the thing settles down and then go and try to figure out how to do this.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may get some time to play with it tomorrow night to see if it's the xshift or the lkp that not working on the DVD key.

I have to admit I only skimmed the read me since it seemed to pretty much be the same as every other extender read me so I obviously missed that =)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evan

I can see nothing in the extender that would cause this. The extender treats all keys as the same and in the area of Xshift and Shift does the work inside of the extender and the cloaking masks off the bits to send the real key onto the remote for processing. There is no difference in how a key labeled DVD is processed versus the key "1"

This is truly odd, but I can't figure it out. have you found any more evidence to help narrow down how this works (or doesn't)

thanks

-bill
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been playing around with it at all since my last post. I just took the remote and have been using it in my standard setup along side my other atlas 1025 with it's extender. I haven't noticed anything else funny with things and it's been nice having all 4 colored buttons and backlit remote =)

I know it isn't the lkp or the macros since all I did was change the key the LKP was on and change the last step in the macro. I will try and play around with it more this weekend if I get a chance.

I figure I'll try replacing the LKP on xshift with a macro that just always does the same thing and see if that works or not. I'll also pull out another one of my 3033's and try loading the same thing up on it and see if it works there just to make sure it isn't some how remote specific.

Do you have any other suggestions on test to try that would be useful?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: This topic is closed! Reply with quote

I have started a new topic for the V1.00 version of this extender. Please upgrade to V1.00 and go there to report any issues with that version

thank you
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: