JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DEV_Cancel in 8910 Extender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickety

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: DEV_Cancel in 8910 Extender Reply with quote

I am a bit confused about DEV_Cancel in Extender 1. I am using version 1.2 of it in a "new" (I think) 8910.

Does it "pop" back one DEV_XXX invokation or does it undo any DEV_XXX in the current macro? Some examples seem to imply either! However, I cannot get it to achieve what seems logical (to me anyway).

So if I have a LKP on device CD, button Shift-CD
[Short]:Phantom1;Power;DEV_AUD;6;DEV_CD
[Long]:Phantom1;Power

The DEV_CD is my work-around (as CD is the active device) but with DEV_Cancel I was left in THEA mode Surprised

I am also having trouble with shift cloaking not seeming to work but I am still trying to get a better understanding on that issue, so will post separately.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dev cancel is used to cancel the temporary device selections, EG X_AUD or X_CD. If you want it to go to a specific device like Dev_cd you should use that.
rickety

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Evan for the reply. Let me try clarifying my issue.

I use a device button (DVD) to start a DVD set up.

DEV-DVD, Shift-DVD, SET_LCD

The Shift-DVD is a LKP
[Short]:Phantom1;DEV_AUD;4;DEV_DVD [Long]:Phantom1

Phantom1 is SET_TRANS_KEYS;SET_CHAN_KEYS;SET_MENU_KEYS;SET_PIP_KEYS;SET_OTHER_KEYS;DEV_AUD;SET_VOL_KEYS;Dev_Cancel

Other device keys all use the same type of structure.

The DEV_Cancel at the end of the Phantom1 does not seem to revert to the "DVD" properly. For example the Short key press leaves me at DVD, because of the specific DEV_DVD at the end (added to make it work) but he Long leaves it in THEA mode.

As I see it, the Dev_Cancel should undo the DEV_AUD two buttons earlier. At the end of the Phantom1 the DEV should be the same as it was when Phantom1 started.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEV_Cancel does NOT "back you up by one DEV_XXX command" in your currently-running key sequence. The remote does not "remember" DEV_XXX commands that have already been superceded by other DEV_XXX commands. DEV_Cancel CLEARS the DEV_XXX register, and subsequent commands will be executed according to your (at that time ) current button set assignments (e.g whatever SET_XXX_Keys are currently active).

There really is no Theater mode in an extended 8910, there is only the keyset assignments that YOU have made (if any)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
rickety

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha Very Happy

I think Smile

Thanks Cap'n. I was somewhat surprised by the "THEA" showing on the LCD and the 1197 code.

So I went and checked that the keys are (as you explained) set based on the Phantom1 (DVD) and they are, so the only mystery is why the SET_LCD at the end of the DVD key macro shows "THEA 1197".

Thanks for the explanation - it helped me understand the DEV_Cancel - I had not seen the subtlety of the setting reverting to those set by the SET_XXX. I believe the Readme probably says that, but it did not register properly.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what causes the THEA XXXX display, but I saw it (and never had it adequately explained) a few years ago. See this thread if you're interested.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
rickety

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Cap'n.

Having adjusted things based on your advice and explanation, I no longer see that after any selections. I suspect it related to the situation where the LCD was not specifically set and a Dev_Cancel had undone any Dev setting. Sort of a buffer under-run!

The thread was a reflection of what I had seen with no device set to a protocol represented by the number I had seen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: