JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Learned Code OK - BUT sometimes not as reliable as original

View previous topic :: View next topic  
clara1994

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Learned Code OK - BUT sometimes not as reliable as original Reply with quote

I have learned all codes from my original remote successfully and all of them also work quite well. The learned signal is OK and I have verified the correctness of the codes several times by relearning BUT

sometimes - about 1 in 10 key presses or so - the first key press does not work - I have to press again for the signal to come accross. With the original remote that does not happen.

Also in general the URC is slower than the original remote.

Is there a way to improve the way the URC 7555 works? Some kind of fine tuning or so?

Many thanks
kokalarobia

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I think IR learning operation does emittted IR sampling ; shape accuracy depends on sampling frequency, on distance between 2 remotes, on angles, on batteries charges, ... Then happens Analogic to Digital transformation trough sensor.
It is quite impossible to re-built the same signal shape.
So solution is to do one more sampling under other circumstances. It is not sure you will have a better result. Smile
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried creating a device upgrade instead of using the learned signals? Since you posted in the JP1 - Beginners forum I assume that you have a cable and can download from your remote to decode and inspect the learned signals in order to do that.

A brief tutorual on how to create a device upgrade is available here. There's also a version for KM users here.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Zellarman

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFB has it pegged. Download the learned signals, create your own upgrade using the information learned and then upload the new upgrade. I had a very similiar situation, and these steps worked beautifuly
kokalarobia

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Did you put the 2 remotes close enough one to other, far enough, right enough ? Did you have new batteries ? May be you would better retry. Sometimes IR.exe does not show necessary informations (OBC, protocol). Sometimes ago I could not abandon raw learned code, so I could not put all original functions in URC, because learned code space is already out of space. Maybe professional sampling material is necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: