JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: 6-pin IDC connector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveM59

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: WTB: 6-pin IDC connector Reply with quote

Got tired of waiting for an unresponsive vendor and built my own simple parallel interface, now I would like to upgrade the iffy connector that I cobbled from an IDE cable.

I don't want to pay Mouser's one-pound minimum shipping rate of $7. The thing weighs a fraction of an ounce, for Pete's sake! Anybody out there have a spare or two they could send me by good old first class US mail? PM replies are fine, name your price.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always use a little glue and tape to strengthen a six pin connector after I cut it from an old floppy cable. I haven't had any problems with them after doing so.

Maybe your connector cut from an IDE cable wouldn't be iffy if you just applied a bit of glue and/or tape.
DaveM59

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I did use hot glue to hold the two pieces together. Still it seems like it may come apart after a few pulls. What kind of tape do you recommend?
kupakai

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used two CD audio connectors (the flat type, like the one on the right or the top part of the one on the left) taped or glued together back to back for the JP1 connector.

That would actually make an eight pin connector, but just don't connect the extra two and most remotes have enough room on the sides for the connector to fit. As you can see in the picture, you may need to pull out one of the pins and relocate it in the empty slot so that you have 3 connected pins in a row. I used gaffer's tape, but that's not a common item. I would think duct tape will work just as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: