JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Simple coding question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:56 am    Post subject: Simple coding question Reply with quote

On a 7950 remote I have the following codes:

SAT:A/V
1, NECx, 7, 7, 1, 7F, 185
2, NECx, 7, 7, 1, 7F, 185

TV: -/--
1 NEC, 7, 7, 67, 3D, 171

The AV/ and -/-- buttons respectively perform functions on my TV. But while the A/V button is active and performs it duty regardless of whether the remote is in TV or SAT mode, the -/-- button functions only in TV mode.

Can anyone explain this, do I have to add the same codes to SAT: -/-- as well to obtain the same functionality?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What setup code are you using for TV mode?

I don't think the learned signal SAT:A/V could be working in TV mode, so something else is providing that function, probably the setup code used for TV mode.

If that setup code is compatible with the above signals, you could define a keymove in SAT mode for -/--, you also could replace the above learned signals with keymoves if you like.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well actually, after further testing I find that the way it works now is about as good as it can be.

The TV code is 0618 and the SAT code is 1237

I now have move the codes to shifted buttons so that the -/-- and A/V buttons now are back to defaults. (Or must I use the setup codes again?)

But I have so far had no success in moving these functions to a Dreambox V4 remote.

I make an exact replica of the setup shown to the Dream remote but it works rather erratic.

I use the 171 and 185 codes from the 7950 - thinking that the NEC protocol and the same codes would work exactly the same on the Dream remote, but for all I know there may be many reasons why it just isn't as easy as that.

On the Dream remote the TV code is 0648, SAT(Dream) code is 0031

So maybe I 'll have to leave it at that. I just would have preferred to use the Dream remote since it has better buttons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: