JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TYLER'S STORE FOR IRTOMMY WIDGETS + GADGETS - old post
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: TYLER'S STORE FOR IRTOMMY WIDGETS + GADGETS - old post Reply with quote

Here is a link to Tommy's new store:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9405

The product line has been simplified so it's easier for you to decide what you need. First, there's a JP1X Flash Interface for programming newer remotes of types JP1.2, JP1.3, JP1.4, and JP2. Then there's a new JP1 EEPROM Interface which is all you need for programming an older type JP1 remote. And of course we still have the IR Widget (Infrared Signal Recorder/Decoder) for analyzing signals from practically any type of infrared remote control.

All three products are similar in design and construction. They all are USB driven, and use the latest generation FTDI chip and driver so they are compatible with nearly any kind of computer operating system. Each is packaged in a slim-line enclosure that is only 1/4 inch x 3/8 inch x 1 to 1 1/4 inch in length. Each has an internal LED indicator that flashes to confirm proper operation. And each has a micro USB connector that mates with a 3-foot USB cable provided. The cable is rated for many thousands of connections, and is easily replaced if damaged or if a different length is preferred. Those who are concerned about the effect on battery life of leaving their setup connected for extended periods will find that these new interfaces can be used even without batteries in the remote.

Application software compatibility has been fully maintained, but you will need to download a newer version of the FTDI driver from THIS FTDI SITE. Both the flash and EEPROM interfaces operate with IR or RMIR configured for "JP1.x". ("JP1 USB" configuration is not used.) For the Widget, you will also want to download the latest version of the IRScope bundle, which preserves the "AutoLocate Widget" feature in the Advanced drop down menu.

The Widget and its companion Windows software, IRScope, is without question the most versatile and easy-to-use tool available anywhere for capturing and analyzing signals transmitted by infrared remote controls. Its fast optical detector counts individual pulses of a remote's infrared LED to measure carrier frequency and ON/OFF times of carrier bursts with very high accuracy. The software uses smart algorithms and a broad data base to correlate parameters of the signal and present a detailed analysis. A graphic waveform display similar to that of a digital storage oscilloscope provides a visual representation of the signal, drawn to exact scale and showing precise timing details. Each recording can be 1/2 to 15 seconds long, and the Widget can capture and display an unlimited number of records. Data can be saved, imported, and exported in many different formats. Download the Operating Instructions for the Widget/IRScope from HERE to get a look at some of the remarkable screen displays and learn more about this device and its software.
_________________________________________________________________________________

You may notice that the JP1 EEPROM Programming Adapter is no longer listed for sale in the catalog. I believe the new JP1 EEPROM Interface is a better solution to programming old JP1 remotes than the combination of the Adapter and a Flash Interface.

I will continue to offer the 5-Pin Adapter for those users who have one of the new model remotes that has an external single-row, 5-position female connector at the rear end instead of a double-row 6-pin header inside the battery compartment. The price is $12 each for orders from addresses in the U.S., $17 for addresses outside the U.S. The price includes shipping and handling.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Shipping and Handling

To keep cost at an absolute minimum I ship only by ordinary first class mail. Please don't ask for Priority Mail, Express Mail, UPS, or Fedex. My built-in charge for shipping and handling covers the average expenses of shipping containers, postage, PayPal transaction fees, travel to and from the post office, and the nuisance of filling out customs forms for overseas shipments. Shipping this way is usually very reliable even though it does not include any tracking or insurance. In all of the shipments I have made, including many to foreign countries all over the world, only one or two have ever been lost. However, I cannot take responsibility in the event a shipment is lost in the mail. I can only furnish a copy of my receipt from the U.S. Post Office, and the customs form (if applicable) as proof that I mailed it. Unless I am snowed-in here in the Denver mountains I try to ship within a few days of PayPal notifying me that they have received your payment.

Four Steps for Placing an Order

Sorry, but I am not set up to take checks, credit cards, postal money orders, or cash.

STEP 1: Send an e-mail to tommy(at)hifi-remote(dot)com stating what you want to purchase. The e-mail should provide the full and correct shipping address EXACTLY as you want it to appear on the package. (I prefer not to rely on the "ship to" mailing address shown on your PayPal transaction because it might be the address of someone else making the payment on your behalf, or it might be out of date.)

STEP 2: I will reply by e-mail confirming the total price, and letting you know if there will be any delays or other complications, such as a temporary parts shortage. If you have not received this acknowledgement within 24 hours it may mean I did not receive your e-mail. Please send it to me again.

STEP 3: If you decide to proceed with the order, send a payment to my PayPal account, which is also: tommy(at)hifi-remote(dot)com. Make sure you receive an e-mail from PayPal acknowledging that you have made the payment, and check it carefully to be certain the payment was credited to my PayPal account. Even the slightest mistake in the account number can result in PayPal placing your payment into a different account, and nothing will happen on your order.

STEP 4: I don't bother to confirm payment; your PayPal receipt takes care of that. But I will notify you by e-mail as soon as the item has been shipped.

Last edited by Tommy Tyler on Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:21 pm; edited 213 times in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's fantastic. Beautiful job, as always.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your support to the JP1 community! You are the hardware guru, bar none, and a gentleman as well.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only my last birthday had been as productive as yours, Tommy! Congrats on a great design.

One question though: Where is the blue LED? (I thought it was madatory that all new designs include a blue LED!) Razz Mr. Green
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now it looks like I will have to add to my collection of cables. Nice job as usual.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, very cool. Even though I have one of the earlier Thumb USB JP1.x interfaces, I think I'm going to want one of these. The issue with the older one (and the previous solution with the USB-serial cable) is that every time I unplug the USB the "computer" hangs and I have to restart it to get back to life. If this can survive plug-unplug it's worth it...
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another major challenge solved Very Happy
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
...Tommy" who has designed the interfaces for all the remotes from day one.
Not exactly, but close. He certainly brought the JP1 interface to the masses. A fellow by the name of Dan Nelson built the first JP1 interface.

Tommy's claim to fame was the Simple interface which was (and still is) touted as easy to build by just about anyone. And certainly, everything since has Tommy written all over it, even the improved version of the USB interface originally designed by Joe Cutler.
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks to be a most excellent design!

jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: An excellent design! Reply with quote

I just got mine and it works perfect on Windows Vista running on my Mac in the Parallels VM. the previous version that Tommy had done always hung the VM when I unplugged it to the point where I had to reboot. the LED's are cool as well, you can see that stuff is happening while the transfer is going on.

Great job! I no longer have to dig my Windows laptop out when I'm working on JP1 remotes!

-bill
Kezzz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: plain old JP1 also? Reply with quote

Does anyone know if this JP1.2/3 adapter will also work with plain old JP1?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. Totally different interface. See here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8084

However, Tommy does also sell a JP1-USB interface, see here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9217
mattg568

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this cable work with the Radio Shack 15-135?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattg568 wrote:
Does this cable work with the Radio Shack 15-135?

Works perfectly with the 15-135. Tell Tommy you have a JP1.3 remote when you order.
mattg568

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the drivers work under dual core CPUs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: