JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

WTB: ATLAS DVR Learning Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, have you opened your OCAP up yet?

I suggest that you do. The locations for missing components will be immediately evident to you by inspection. With Binky's data linked above, you should be able to convert your remote to a learner.

You could also convert it to have all of the backlighting LEDs, but I think the button sheet is not sufficiently translucent to make that worthwile.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I cracked open the remote today, and it looks like the components I need (THANKS, Binky!) will total a bit under $3.50. Since I need to place an order anyway, I'm going to try this. I will start a new thread with the results once I get the components and get them installed.

RE: Backlighting. My remote is already backlit, and I agree that the sheet of a non-backlit remote would most likely not be translucent enough.
Jim
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jherrick wrote:
RE: Backlighting. My remote is already backlit, and I agree that the sheet of a non-backlit remote would most likely not be translucent enough.
So you have a BACKLIT, NON-LEARNER OCAP? That's the first one of those I have heard of. Could you please provide any info on the Silkscreened label on the bottom case and on the battery compartment label to support updating this chart?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
So you have a BACKLIT, NON-LEARNER OCAP? That's the first one of those I have heard of. Could you please provide any info on the Silkscreened label on the bottom case and on the battery compartment label to support updating this chart?

Yup. The silkscreen on the back of the remote (behind the circular section) says 1056B01. The battery compartment label says 1056BC1-BXX-001-0001-001-R. Beneath that is the code C074605.

I am missing almost all of the components that binky listed in his chart, but 2 of the components he has listed are in my remote at a different value. I have R35, but the value is 104, or 100k Ohms, and I have R3 (which is labeled R1 on my remote), and it is a 103, or 10k Ohms.

Unless I am doing something terribly wrong, I don't have a learner. I press the SETUP until I get 2 blinks, then I press 975. Press the device mode to learn to, press the key to learn to, and the device button blinks rapidly. When I transmit the signal from factory remote, I don't get the 2 blink confirmation. I just get one blink of the device button. I have tried multiple signals, multiple devices, but I am missing the components for learning, so I guess until I get those I have a backlit, non-learner.

Jim
Tommy Tyler
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

I don't think you're doing anything terribly wrong, but don't be too hard on your remote. It has a brain that WANTS to learn, else the processor would not blink the LED rapidly while waiting for an input. I think the final single blink means it listened but nobody taught it anything. The problem is probably just that the learning circuit is not complete. As for the two components you mentioned, 104 means a 1, a zero, and four more zeroes, or 100K. Likewise 103 means 10K.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tyler wrote:
Jim,

I don't think you're doing anything terribly wrong, but don't be too hard on your remote. It has a brain that WANTS to learn, else the processor would not blink the LED rapidly while waiting for an input. I think the final single blink means it listened but nobody taught it anything. The problem is probably just that the learning circuit is not complete.

That's what I figured. I'll be getting the components and installing them, then we'll see how hard I am on it! Twisted Evil
Tommy Tyler wrote:
As for the two components you mentioned, 104 means a 1, a zero, and four more zeroes, or 100K. Likewise 103 means 10K.

Yup. Like I said above. But in binky's chart, his R35 is 10k, not like my 100k. His R1/R3 is 100 ohm, mine is 10k.
Jim
jamesw

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I’m a new member here in need of a backlit, learning Atlas for Time warner.

I purchased a few of these remotes on eBay and considering trying this learning mod.

Jherrick, I hope you will keep us updated on how this mod goes.

Thanks

James
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I will. I intend to place my order in the next week, so within 2 weeks I should have results.
jrussell234

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Atlas 11055 Learning. Reply with quote

I am fairly sure any Atlas URC or Cable URC Model 1055 having an extra '1', ie, 11055, in its Model number is a Learning Remote. In addition, any Model 1056 with and 'L' suffix is a Learning Remote, ie, M1056L

JP1 site list of JP1 enabled remotes shows Cox Cable Model 7820B as being Learning. I have one of these, and like a previous commenter about a 1056, it tries by blinking rapidly with SETUP 975 and the push of a Device and Remote Button you want to learn, but when the teaching button on the originally device remote is pressed, it makes no difference, the blinking is always about 5 seconds and finishes with a long blink. I have tried with several original device remotes and same results, no luck.

Label number on this Cox Remote is 7820ABP... It has the JP1.3 connector, and as the JP1 Site chart listed, this should be the B and should be a Learner, as opposed to a 7820 with a JP1.2 connector??
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: