JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Transferring date between different remotes?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Transferring date between different remotes? Reply with quote

Hi,

Since the 9750 is a learning remote I have been able to get it working quite the way I want. But is there any way that I can transfer the functions to a Dreambox V4 remote?

What I suspect is that the same raw data, i.e. hex codes don't result in the same ir signals being transmitted. Right? In that case, I would have to know what hex codes to use, but is there any way to find out about that?

I am still very confused about IR and RM. To use RM I need an 'upgrade', but I still don't quite understand what exactly an upgrade is.

And when no upgrade can be found, there seems to be absolutely nothing that can be done except to fiddle with ir and see what you can get.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: Transferring date between different remotes? Reply with quote

Dreamzapper wrote:
I am still very confused about IR and RM. To use RM I need an 'upgrade',

RM can also be used to create new upgrades. Your requirements (create an upgrade in RM based on learned signals in IR, then transfer the upgrade to IR) almost exactly match the task documented in detail in section 6 of
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml

(Read/follow instructions at the end of section 5 AFTER reading and following the instructions in section 6).

Regarding all your other questions: An upgrade is definitely the right way to get those signals into your other JP1 remote. If you can't find an upgrade, you make one. The other ideas you asked about for copying the hex wouldn't work.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good. Between the time I made the opening post and you replied, I took a closer look at my RM, and it seems that I really have an upgrade for both of the remotes. So maybe things are clearing up a little bit. I 'll do my best.

but - if I remember correctly, since I found a printout on my desk of the page you linked to, I already have looked into that but was not able to find out how it could be done - I believe I even asked a question about that on the forum but that didn't help.

But never mind, since I have the upgrades maybe the hardest part of the job has already been done for me, the rest will bu just fun - I hope.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: