JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with an IR file??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mvh_2000

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Help with an IR file?? Reply with quote

Hi,

I need a little help with my IR file. I’m confused about the db-08(MySys) Device Button and how it works. I have downloaded a copy of my file, see link below.

Questions:
Is the db-08(MySys) Device button the “Home Theater” key?
Can I make a Key Move to the “Home Theater” key or db-08(MySys) phantom key?

Thanks for any help,
Please feel free to criticize my IR file. (I like to learn)

8910 Remote Extended
I have the IR file well noted

Thanks
Mike

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5353
floyd1977

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Home_Theater is a key. db-08 is a device. You can map a key move or macro to the Home_Theater key.
mvh_2000

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Floyd,

I have a lot of Key Moves bound to all 8 devices that are working fine. I would like to Bind some key moves to the Home Theater Key like I have for the other 8 devices. In the field for "Device" under the "Bound Key" option on the "Key Moves" tab it does not show "Home Theater" as a device. How do I make key moves for the HT key?

Thanks
Mike
floyd1977

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, you may have problems if you assign keymoves to dev-db08. dev-db08 is not a "real" device. It shares its keymove space with the TV device, dev-db09 shares with VCR, etc, so using keymoves with these "virtual devices" can be a headache.

Is it possible that one of your 8 already-used devices (or maybe even the device you want to assign to the HT button) does not need keymoves? If so, you could create an upgrade for that device, in which case you could use one of the dev-dbxx devices, thus freeing up one of the "real" devices (TV, VCR, CBL, etc.).

For example, take a look at my old IR file:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5375

In this configuration, I was able to control 13 different devices. If I pushed the "CD" button, I could toggle control of my two 300-disc CD players. I put the first upgrade, SAT 0000, on the CD device key. I put the second, SAT 0605, on db-08.

Also, I programmed the HT key to toggle between "Indoor mode" and "Outdoor mode." The two modes differred in subtle ways, but the main difference is that each controlled a different receiver.

Devices that required keymoves, device specific macros, etc. were put on physical device keys (TV, CBL, DVD, etc.). The other updgrades could be put on db-08, db-09, etc. For example, all the functions I needed to control the TV in my garage were in the built-in setup code TV 0463. There was no need to put TV 0463 on the TV button (or any other physical device button), because I didn't need any keymoves for that device.

For the Sony CD changers (SAT 0000 and SAT 0605), I created device upgrades that contained all the functions I needed.

In general, it's better to put functions in an upgrade than in a keymove, if possible since upgrades use memory much more efficiently. The exception might be when a built-in setup code has the majority of the keys you need, and you only need to program a couple keymoves to fill in some missing keys.

If this is not possible, you might try looking at the device multiplexor if you have more than 8 devices that you need to control.
mvh_2000

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again Floyd,

Let me spend some time looking over and understanding your file.

Thanks
Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: