JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM and rdf files path?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: RM and rdf files path? Reply with quote

The doc for RM says:

Quote:
The first time you use RM, a pop-up will appear declaring No RDF files were found!. Now to worry, just press the OK button, and RM will display a file dialog for you to specify where you've placed the RDFs. It defaults to the rdf subdirectory in the directory you installed RM. Just navigate to the folder in which you've placed the RDFs and press the Open button.

Now, I have already installed and opened RM, and it finds a set of JPG/MAP files in an 'Images' folder. But I find no way to define a folder for, or make it read, rdf files. So what am I to do?
kupakai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either edit the "RemoteMaster.properties" file in a text editor like Notepad to change the path name for "RDFPath" (use double backslash between folder names), or delete the file and it will give you the pop-up dialog box like the doc says.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I checked the properties file and found the correct path, copied my rdf-file to the folder and started RM. RM detects the rdf file, but does not find a corresponding map-file and creates an error message.

To me it looks like RM needs a map file, and is not satisfied with a rdf file only?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use RM without the map and image file. Just ignore the error message and stay away from the Layout screen.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: