JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Angle Button for Philips DVP5982 advanced code needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Angle Button for Philips DVP5982 advanced code needed Reply with quote

Hi there

1. Device: Philips DVP5982
2. Type of device: Upconverting DVD Player
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC 8811 or URC 8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? - Yes
6. Still have original remote? - Yes, but no button exists for angle
7. Checked the file section? - Yes code 230 is one listed but doesn't work
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? - no
9. Partially working setup code? - yes - everything else works
10. Learning remote question? - button not on original remote

I'm looking for the advanced code to change angles on my philips DVP5982 dvd player. This was not an original button available on the original remote, but I'm hoping someone found the advanced code for it. I don't use that feature often, but sometimes it is used in a special feature DVD such as animation to show storyboard vs animated keyframes.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFC=230 is the only code (most have none) for angle I've found in the file section. Are you certain that you have correctly added it? Are you using an upgrade? or are you just trying to create a keymove using that EFC?

Perhaps you have mixed up OBCs and EFCs in your upgrade?

The only other suggestion I would have is to do a manual code search (try every unused OBC between 000 and 255) - but make sure you are in a screen/disc where the angle function would do something when you are testing. It shouldn't take too long if you have a cable and can upload test upgrades to check aobut 40 OBCs at once.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
kasm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I created a complete upgrade. Just missing that one feature. I have tried the 230 in the upgrade script, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Also in theory, I should be able to hit setup-2-3-0 on my remote to test it and it too does nothing.

I'll try to do a manual scan fro 0 to 255 when I get the chance and upload my final upgrade.

If anyone else has found the code, please share.
kasm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent some time trying advanced codes from 000 to 256 on my remote and couldn't find the angle button. and 230 does not work. I guess I'm out of luck. No bifg deal as I can access it through the menus.

Just seems strange that every other DVD player I've had has had an angle button.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes manufactureres leave the codes off the remote even though the function exists (my Sony DVR remote doesn't have a Pause Record Button even though the function exists) but sometimes the functionality doesn't exist (my Sony DVR doesn't have angle or zoom) which I thought was strange for high end equipment.

One thing that you have to keep in mind when you are working through other features, is you need the machine to be in a state where it accepts the code. When I did the 256 test on my TV I got a lot of messages (feature not available) which indicated that it was a real feature, I just was in the wrong mode to see it. Other pieces of equipment didn't give me that feedback and those were a lot more difficult to rule out functions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: