JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Use the Home Theater Key for a Macro?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lukeca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Use the Home Theater Key for a Macro? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am relatively new to JP1, but so far things have been going pretty good. I have a 8810 that is controlling all my devices. I am using the existing Macro keys, M1-M4 to switch setups. So M1 switches all the equpiment for cable box, M2 for DVD, M3 for Media Center, and M4 for game system. I want to assign the Home Theater as a macro that turns everything on and sets it for Cable viewing. I set up the Macro in IR and transfered it to the remote but the Home Theater key won't run the macro. Is there a way to do this? I can get the Macro to run on the power key, but I would like to reserve the power key to be used for turning individual devices on and off. My remote is not extended right now, I haven't quite learned my way around that yet. Thanks for any input.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'll probably have to move up to an extender to have any chance of doing that. The HT key is somewhat of a special key on an unextended remote and likely won't take a macro. I don't know if the extender for that remote will allow you to put a macro on that key but it is a fairly common feature of the extenders to allow you to use most keys for anything you want.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_s wrote:
I don't know if the extender for that remote will allow you to put a macro on that key

Yes it will.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it would but since I had never worked with that remote and extender I didn't want to make a definitive statement. Looks like the extender is your answer then.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure (but not positive) that the 8810 allows macros on the device keys even without an extender. This doesn't allow you to use the Home Theater button the way you want, but you would be able to put your device selection macros on the device buttons, and would leave the m1-m4 buttons available for truly special macros. Also, I use a macro on the Power button to turn everything on. Just a thought.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
lukeca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answers! Guess I will start reading up on extenders, and I might try that idea of putting the macros on the device keys, I will do some experimenting.
Zellarman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The readme.txt attached to the urc-8910x1 I originaly downloaded was a bit out dated, specifically regarding special protocol functions like DSM's and LKP's. Make sure to read up on those 2 special protocol functions they made going w/ an extender all the worthwhile. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: