JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How can codes have same EFC but different OBC -Denon AVR-788

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kasm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: How can codes have same EFC but different OBC -Denon AVR-788 Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm trying to create my first device upgrade from scratch. I have used my remote to learn the codes and mapped them out in this spreadsheet: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=5247

I noticed that some buttons have the same EFC code but different OBC codes (same device code too).

I'm using KB and can't figure out how I can use this info to create a function, as I can only enter the EFC (or OBC) and the device number. When I enter the EFC, the OBC is auto generated, so how can there be two different buttons with the same EFC but different OBC?

As an example, take a look at lines 4, 5 and 6 (Shift, Ch- and Ch+)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

BTW, the Denon AVR-788 is pretty much the same as the Denon AVR-1908.

Thanks
kasm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I see the error of my way. I just reread the beginner's guide and noticed that from the same remote there are at least 2 different protocols being used DENON and DENON-K. As well as different sub devices. Unfortunately, I did not record these values.

I guess my question is now, how do I create an upgrade from scratch when a device uses more than one protocol and sub device, as it looks like the protocol is set once for the whol upgrade and I can't find where to set the sub device.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to take another look at those decodes, and record the subdevice numbers.

Then it's probably easiest to use keymoves based on a helper upgrade for the second protocol.

The keymoves can be defined either directly as keymoves in ir.exe or indirectly through external functions in KM or RM. For this situation, it would be better to use external functions (so all the functions are available to one buttons sheet).

I don't recall what support KM has for Denon-K protocol. If it doesn't support that or doesn't support subdevices consistently with the decoder, ask again and someone will give more detailed instructions.

There is also a combo protocol available in KM and RM (for mixing different protocols). That could avoid the need for a helper protocol and might save keymove memory, which you might be close to filling up. But at best it is harder than using a helper upgrade plus keymoves.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: