JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Macro programming with codes from two different controllers.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Macro programming with codes from two different controllers. Reply with quote

I hope this question makes sense and belongs here:

I am in the process of adapting an OFA 7950 for my equipment:

Samsung Tv LE37R87BDX and Dream multimedia tuner (Dreambox 7020)

The basic programming was easy, the TV responded to code 0618, the Dreambox took 1237.

Is this possible without a JP-1 cable? If yes, I suppose I'll have to fill out a proper request for codes. Otherwise, I'll have to get a cable first, but someday I will need the codes anyway.

Now I want to program a macro on two of the buttons:

OFA button: -/--
1st (OFA) code of macro: "TV"
2nd code: Samsung button "TV/DTV"

This button will select TV mode, and also select analog or digital tv.

OFA button AV
1st (OFA) code of macro: "SAT"
2nd code of macro: Samsung button "SOURCE"

This button will select SAT mode, and also select EXT1 or EXT2 input

The rationale for this programming is that it will allow for selection of the right device so that the remote will be ready to control the proper input sources for the TV, and at the same time select either
1. TV, Analog or MPEG-2
or
2: Satellite, EXT1 or EXT2 inputs (EXT1 defaults to 16:9, EXT2 to 4:3)

Rolf
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure you can do all that without a JP1 cable.

The main information missing seems to be:

What are the EFC numbers within setup code TV/0618 for the Samsung TV functions "TV/DTV" and "SOURCE"?

I expect the answer is in some thread or file for Samsung TV's here or at RC and/or in an advanced code list for TV/0618.

Once you know the right EFC numbers, you need to know how to KeyMove them onto button(s) (maybe shifted buttons, if you don't have an ordinary button to spare).

Since your first macro starts by switching the 7950 to TV mode, you'll want the "TV/DTV" function on some key in TV mode.

Since your second macro starts by switching the 7950 to SAT mode, you'll want the TV's "SOURCE" function on some key in SAT mode. That should be no problem. KeyMove on OFA remotes allows you to keymove across device modes.

I don't recall seeing 7950 documentation, so I can't tell you the exact process for defining keymoves and macros. But most OFA remotes have some such process.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I wrote 9750 - it should be 7950!

Does that help you helping me?

I am going to code the two OFA buttons I intend to use with the same macro in TV or SAT mode respectively, so each of them will perform their assigned operation regardless of which mode the controller happens to be in.

Thus, repeated pressing of f.i. the ./-- button will alternate between analog or digital tv, forcing the controller to TV mode. Likewise, each press of the AV button will flip back and forth between EXT1 and EXT2, with the controller forced to SAT mode.

I will search for info on the forum later.

Rolf
kupakai

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think macros are global; when you assign a macro to a key, that key will execute the macro in all modes, so you don't have to program it repeatedly in different modes.

I don't know how the macros are on your remote, but generally it's a bit slow, especially since there are several steps. I would think it would work better if you just keymoved the functions to the same key in all the modes so that it is available in all the modes.

BTW, try these advanced codes for the two functions for the Samsung TV:
antenna=00251
Source=00185
These seem to be somewhat consistant among the Samsung TV upgrades.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
I would think it would work better if you just keymoved the functions to the same key in all the modes so that it is available in all the modes.

Thank you for the codes!

I've already done that and it works fine - except I have to use the TV or SAT buttons first to select mode, which is what I'd like to avoid. So I am going to try the macro method anyway, as soon as I find out how to do it.

That means I will have to find the codes for TV and SAT for the URC first, and use the codes you provided.

Another problem is that the manual offers no info about how to program macros from codes; only how to program by pressing keys on the remote.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamzapper wrote:
kupakai wrote:
I would think it would work better if you just keymoved the functions to the same key in all the modes so that it is available in all the modes.

I've already done that and it works fine - except I have to use the TV or SAT buttons first to select mode, which is what I'd like to avoid. So I am going to try the macro method anyway, as soon as I find out how to do it.
I think you misunderstood. You must create a keymove for each function in EACH device mode. So if you want the TV device's "TV/DTV" function on the "-/--" button, you create four (or five or six - I don't know how many devices your remote has) keymoves.

One keymove moving the TV "TV/DTV" function to the TV "-/--" button;
Another moving the TV "TV/DTV" function to the CBL "-/--" button;
Yet another moving the TV "TV/DTV" function to the DVD "-/--" button; and so on...

Although this creates several keymoves rather than a single macro, kupakai's point is a good one in that macro procesing in an unextended remote is usually pretty slow, while the keymoves will immediately execute the function you want, with the added benefit of NOT switching the remote into TV device mode (in this particular example).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don’t know what a ‘keymove’ is.

You say: “One keymove moving the TV "TV/DTV" function to the TV "-/--" button; … with the added benefit of NOT switching the remote into TV device mode”

I do not understand. That I have done already, simply by using the learn function to teach the remote -/-- button the TV/DTV code from the Samsung remote. But I at the same time also need and want to switch the remote to TV device mode regardless what mode it happens to be in at the moment,, or else how am I to select what channel to watch?

This is what I tried to explain in my OP:

Whether the remote currently is sitting in TV or STB mode – when I push the -/-- key, it shall put the remote in TV mode, and tell the tv to listen for signals on the tv inputs.

Similarly, regardless what mode the remote is in; when I push the AV button the remote switches to STB mode and forces the TV to listen on the EXT-inputs.

As far as I can tell, that means only four macros (one for each of the buttons in either of the two modes), each consisting of a simple two-code sequence.

If I should want to use yet another device I would need a third button, but I don’t think that would be necessary at all since I would be the only user then – my wife only uses the TV and STB. It is for her happiness I am going to all this trouble. She is “remote illiterate.”

But I’ll cross that bridge if and when I get to it.

In the meantime, how can I get the proper codes into the two remote buttons?

I haven’t got a clue. I don’t even have all the codes.
kupakai

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because you mentioned codes, I assumed you are asking for advanced codes. That's equivalent to what is called "Key Magic" in your manual (page 14). It's a way to add missing functions without using the learning function. Since you have already added the functions using the learning function, you do not have to use the Key Magic. The codes I gave you previously are advanced codes.

To program in macros, you do not need any codes. It is done by pressing the sequences of keys that you want programmed. See the remote's manual (on pages 12-13) on how to program macros. As I mentioned above, and also noted in the manual, macros are global and works across all the modes, so you only need to program in two macros.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I was not aware that macros are global; working across all modes. But OTOH, that is where my problem lies - since only the fist key of the macro is in the remote, the next 'key' is on the Samsung remote.

But I can perhaps solve the problem by first using the learn function to put the Samsung code i want into a suitable button on the URC, and then press that button to transfer that Samsung code into the macro.

Guess I'll try that, I had already been thinking along those lines but didn't think it would work.

And I think I've seen something about restoring original codes on any buttons too, so the interim buttons may get their original function back.

Rolf
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an alternative to learning (there's nothing wrong with learning, in general), if there's an advanced code for the function you want, then you can program that on a key, then use it in a macro. Using advanced codes is an alternative to learning.

Best,
jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: