JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

only in math do you need to be precise English not so much
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely correct, Michelle.

Of Mark's over 2700 posts in these fora, I would wager that at least 10 or 20 provide actual help, while the remainder are his obsessing over punctuation and grammar. It really gets old after the first several hundred.

And don't EVEN get me started on Robman. He's a TYRANT locking threads for the tiniest transgression (split infinitives - BEWARE!).

i mch prfr yr attd hu neds vwls n pucntin. u go grl!

Oh by the way, was that some actual help you got in the Code Search forum? Must be an aberration.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
floyd1977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
if you'll note the quote I was responding to not the whole forum besides this group is far more interested in grammatical correctness and punctiation than it is in acttual help
If you can get the gist of the thought then why are you harping and typo or a punctuation mark misplaced
I can get the gist if every word is mis-spelled why cant you I don't go around complaining about spelling errors think that the exactness of math assumes the spelling should be exacting also when you do that your just nitpicking

I really resent the attitude of entitlement that you exhibit in nearly all your posts. JP1 is an unofficial set of tools developed and supported, for free, by some very dedicated people. You seem to take for granted that you will get the assistance you need without any effort on your part.

After a brief review of your post history, I can see that you continually ask questions that suggest you have not read one bit of the FAQs, README's and other documentation available here to help you started with JP1. In one thread, you even insisted that someone (not you of course) create an installation CD to automatically extract and install JP1 software on your computer.

In another post, you decided it was not even worth your time to use the official code search request template, even after Capn Trips politely asked you to do so. What you don't realize is that people are trying to help you to phrase your requests in a way that will more effectively get the help you need. Instead, you interpret any post directed toward you that does not start with "The answer is..." as a personal attack.

There are many experts here who likely have the answers to all your questions. I have gotten lots of help from Rob and others because I have put in some time to learn the basics of JP1, and I have supplied all the necessary information (and nothing more) when I ask for help. If someone tells me I've left something out or that they need clarification, I don't snap at them or call them names; I simply do my best to give them the information they need. Afterall, I am the one asking for help. The people who try to assist you or me are not in any way obligated to do so. Good luck finding more knowledgeable JP1 people elsewhere.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capps
could easily figure out your mistyped message
translation
I much prefer your attitude who needs vowels and punctuation you go girl

computers and programming require exactness of typed in numbers and characters as
Humans have intuitive
Computers Don't
and Nerds wonder why they are the brunt of others negative views and actions actions towards them This is one of them
floyd1977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
Capps
could easily fihure out your mistyped message
translation
I much prefer your attitude who needs vowels and punctuation you go girl

And which do you think takes longer to read? Extend that to an entire post, and then multiply that by the number of people who read the post, and then you will see the source of people's frustrations.

mAbE U shud txt yor gfz 4 JP1 hlp
l8r
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you check I did upload an installation CD with all the software included on it just 2 years ago it is in the files section
and as for the search template had no idea where to even find it til another gave me the link to it and submitted it
You obvious weren't very thorough because I did post that an installation CD was available and posted it in the files section I also submitted the creation file so those who chose to could modify and update it as needed but no one ever bothered and if you think I'm going to submit one for all you who find fault you are sadly mistaken and ungrateful Someone else can update it
but you all seem to want it your way and thats not.I also dubmitted the creation file gonna happen with every dot crossed and t tittled
if any of you feel that I don't meet your specific criteria just don't respond just ignore it and move on there are others that will
floyd1977

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
if you check I did upload an installation CD with all the software included on it just 2 years ago it is in the files section
and as for the search template had no idea where to even find it til another gave me the link to it and submitted it
You obvious weren't very thorough because I did post that an installation CD was available and posted it in the files section
but you all seem to want it your way and thats not gonna happen with every dot crossed and t tittled
if any of you feel that I don't meet your specific criteria just don't respond just ignore it and move on there are others that will

I did a search for your login in the File Section, and there are no files there that have been uploaded by you. Could you provide a link?
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn
I know you are a regular who contributes mightily to this forum, but attacking the "experts" is dangerous to your health!
BTW: Keep up the good work (on both fronts)......
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwhen I can I will I had to download it again just 4 months ago
just to update it for myself meanwhile just do a search for either install CD or installation CD you;ll find it alomg with the creation file as well
I'm not interested in updating and submitting it again as too much criticizing over typo and other errors people find fault with but people can d/l and use the creation file and easily modify it and update it if they choose to with the cd install creation program I used to create it to begin with
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my post from November 2005 under the heading "Can anybody create an install CD"

making an install cd is easyier by comparison to manual installing theresan an actual installer you can download called install creator that is easy enough to use by anybody
from the most common to the more complicated registry enties and the like
Once you make the intialsetup file it saves it ro a file where you can easily make changes revisions updates as well so it's even simpler to create
then making an iso file that you can burn to multiple cds or dvds orr upload to a server for distribution
I have trouble trying to propery install files this way but have created restore install cds/
dvds using it
so its not as challenging or time consuming one might think.
Anyway there is is an install cd available right on this site someone created 2 years ago and if they kept the creator file can update that just as easily

I beleive Dexxus
so I've
already created it in 2005
you can also note that the link is even given in my first posted topic then

so I've already installed from it but with all revised and newer prgs need to modify it again
heard that usbuirt has been addede but can find those appropite files that can be included in the next revision plus all help files being placed on it as well alomg wirh an updates of codes that are currently up to date
As soon as I can find all those updated files I will create a new install cd for you and the creator file as well so anybody later may reupadate it as the need arises
So I have uploaded it and the creation file all you need is install creator to update it
I also posted a link to it somewhere just where I can't find it under the same topic or somehow got deleted by someone
the same Cd I redownloaded just 4 months ago to modify and update it again and submitted the update to the Diagnosis area to be reveieed and tested but have never seen it being passed on to the files section its updated to 7.03 I believe
as I cant find any way to move a quote from one topic to another just copied and pasted it here

This search engine is due for a major overhaul if you want to look for specific things without being flloded with dozens of posts if not hundreds there is no bfind by topic search just a thorough post search only
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
This search engine is due for a major overhaul if you want to look for specific things without being flloded with dozens of posts if not hundreds there is no bfind by topic search just a thorough post search only
Do you realize that the search engine used here is NOT written or maintained by any of us? It's part of the forum software package and we have no control over how good (or bad) it is.

Also, if you pay attention on the Search page, the default search is by Topic, not Post. You can control what and how things are searched for by judicious use of the search parameters.

The bottom line here is that if you want any help from us, you need to at least meet us halfway. Considering the "experts" do this freely and on their own time, it's not too much to ask IMHO. To be blunt, if you want to play in our sandbox, you will have to play by our rules.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You were right Cap'n!

"My way or the highway!!"
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I;l play mine then as far as the updated inst
all cd all who want it contact me as I will not upload it or make it available to all those who constantly find
fault with me. I know who you are also the install cd will be copyrighted and can't be uploaded to the group without my written consent the install cd can be owned by me not the contents thereon
You'll have to make your own install cd and submit it
if your such experts why didn't you already make it then
causing people too much trouble trying to find everything and then unzipping it whereas an install cd would do all of it smaking subfolders extracting files start menu short cut would simplify things plus avoiding constant posts asking where the essential e can I find these files while the install CD wtould take care of all of that
the install program will only have all necceary files to get you started none of the actual codes created by then that process would be to daunting a challenge
the install program is offered free of charge as it contains the same programs available on this site without all the tedious work to get it all
if you want it you can email me direct by clicking on the email just below this post and I will send it via www.yousendit.com and which you will get a notification when and how long it will be available
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time for you to find somewhere else to play Michelle.
Zellarman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll use the forum to help yourself, but not share any of your efforts w/ everyone else? Seems a little selfish. Perhaps you should try giving a little before you continue to criticize people for not happily accepting difficult to read posts. It's almost work trying to read some of your posts, and I'm not trying to insult you, but merely pointing out something that you obviously haven't realized yet. Really please share with us, that's how forums work.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: