JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hitachi Codes???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPSAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

Hello ALL:

I have a new Hitachi 42hdt51 and the Hitachi site has a PDF of remote codes.

http://www.hitachi.us/tv/resource/prodsupport/pdf/ir_codes.pdf

I have used JP1 and do not have an issue, but I guess I do not know what this pdf is saying. I mean "discrete off" is key 59 with a whole bunch of 4 digit hex codes. Can I use this document to have my 15-2117 work with the new tv?

TIA
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
"discrete off" is key 59 with a whole bunch of 4 digit hex codes.

The 59 is totally meaningless. The 4 digit numbers are Pronto Hex.

With DecodeIr.dll and the JP1 version of IrTool.exe you can decode Pronto Hex.

I just now decoded that one and got:

NEC1:80:63 EFC=026

The "NEC1:80" is standard protocol and device for a Hitachi TV. In a 2117, that is built in as setup code TV/0145. So you need to either use TV/0145 or build a new upgrade.

The 63 is the OBC number. If you build a new upgrade, you may find it easier to work with OBC numbers rather than EFC numbers.

The easiest way to add that command is using the EFC number in a KeyMove, either defined in IR.EXE or using the KEYMOVR function on the remote itself.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

Thank you very much. I also notice what you decoded does show in device 0145! I need to find one not listed, too. There is a "favorite Channel" and I do not see it. I had heard that I could still use all my jp1 stuff and learn 1 key. I may have to do that. Is there a way I can learn it and then dump the code?

TIA,
Dave

johnsfine wrote:
MPSAN wrote:
"discrete off" is key 59 with a whole bunch of 4 digit hex codes.

The 59 is totally meaningless. The 4 digit numbers are Pronto Hex.

With DecodeIr.dll and the JP1 version of IrTool.exe you can decode Pronto Hex.

I just now decoded that one and got:

NEC1:80:63 EFC=026

The "NEC1:80" is standard protocol and device for a Hitachi TV. In a 2117, that is built in as setup code TV/0145. So you need to either use TV/0145 or build a new upgrade.

The 63 is the OBC number. If you build a new upgrade, you may find it easier to work with OBC numbers rather than EFC numbers.

The easiest way to add that command is using the EFC number in a KeyMove, either defined in IR.EXE or using the KEYMOVR function on the remote itself.

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:
I also notice what you decoded does show in device 0145!

I don't know what you mean by that. Maybe that you found one of many sources that tells you TV/0145 is NEC1:80. I decoded OBC 63, which is EFC 026. I expect that is in some upgrades posted for Hitachi TV's and it is also in the list at the bottom of this page of TV/0145 advanced codes:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0145

MPSAN wrote:

There is a "favorite Channel" and I do not see it.

The page I just mentioned has a "Favorite" as well as a "Favorite Up" and a "Favorite Down". Probably one of those is what you want. In using that page, be aware that EFC numbers are used modulo 256, so EFC 381 is the same as EFC 125, etc.

MPSAN wrote:
I had heard that I could still use all my jp1 stuff and learn 1 key. I may have to do that. Is there a way I can learn it and then dump the code?

Easy. After learning the key, download the eeprom image to IR.EXE and click on the learned signals tab, then click on the desired key in the list of learned keys (on the left side of the window).
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

Great! I do use ir, of course, but I also use RM. I will look at your page to see Favorite key. I just had the Advanced Codes for TV_0145. Same as you show, but did not print the top of the page.

I guess we keep subtracting 256 'til we get the code..

johnsfine wrote:
MPSAN wrote:
I also notice what you decoded does show in device 0145!

I don't know what you mean by that. Maybe that you found one of many sources that tells you TV/0145 is NEC1:80. I decoded OBC 63, which is EFC 026. I expect that is in some upgrades posted for Hitachi TV's and it is also in the list at the bottom of this page of TV/0145 advanced codes:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0145

MPSAN wrote:

There is a "favorite Channel" and I do not see it.

The page I just mentioned has a "Favorite" as well as a "Favorite Up" and a "Favorite Down". Probably one of those is what you want. In using that page, be aware that EFC numbers are used modulo 256, so EFC 381 is the same as EFC 125, etc.

MPSAN wrote:
I had heard that I could still use all my jp1 stuff and learn 1 key. I may have to do that. Is there a way I can learn it and then dump the code?

Easy. After learning the key, download the eeprom image to IR.EXE and click on the learned signals tab, then click on the desired key in the list of learned keys (on the left side of the window).

johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

MPSAN wrote:

Only if you need to manually compare an EFC from an advanced code list to an EFC from a decoder or upgrade or other source.

For actual use of the EFC (on the remote itself or in IR or RM or KM) it doesn't matter whether or not some multiple of 256 is left in. The remote's firmware and all our software know the rules for interpreting EFC numbers.
MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

Great...now I just need to play. I also see the direct input codes, but have to play to see if there is a direct key for Ant A.

Thank you for your help!

Dave

johnsfine wrote:
MPSAN wrote:

Only if you need to manually compare an EFC from an advanced code list to an EFC from a decoder or upgrade or other source.

For actual use of the EFC (on the remote itself or in IR or RM or KM) it doesn't matter whether or not some multiple of 256 is left in. The remote's firmware and all our software know the rules for interpreting EFC numbers.

MPSAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Hitachi Codes??? Reply with quote

OK, since JP1 is not something I use every day...I think I lost it!

I have ir and RM and the files I had saved. They work well, too.

My problem is that I can see the 15-2117 in RM with a great picture of the remote and keys that I switched around. What I lost is how do I change my TV from 0156 to 0145? I want to show the keys of 0145 and perhaps change a few? I did this when I added ext2 and the ReplayTV, now I guess I need to find a file for 0145?

johnsfine wrote:
MPSAN wrote:

chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: remote code for Hitachi model dz-rm4w renote control unir Reply with quote

I need the jp 1 codes that will replace the remote code for Hitachi model dz-rm4w renote control unit for for the DZ-MV750MA dvd camcorder as can't find the original remote anywhere
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: remote code for Hitachi model dz-rm4w renote control uni Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
DZ-MV750MA dvd camcorder

1) Start a new thread when your question is that unrelated to anything you found in existing threads. Don't tack onto the end of a thread with barely any relation (just brand as far as I can tell) to your question.

2) Read and follow the instructions here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49
required for posting the kind of request you just posted.

3) Sorry, but even after you post the request correctly, I doubt you'll get a useful answer. With no original remote and a device brand/type combination that no one else seems to have posted in any of the usual places, there isn't much we can do for you. But it's still worth posting the request in the correct way, in case that provides some important detail I'm not guessing now, or in case some other expert here knows something about your device.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: