JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rattling 8910 remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dominoman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Rattling 8910 remote Reply with quote

My URC 8910 was rattling for some time so I decided to open it up to investigate. The O ring was loose does anybody know what it is for?? The remote seems to work fine without it.

Link to jpg below
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8910remoteup1.jpg
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure thats for the Phone or Wav upgrade process. Not needed really if your doing jp1 upgrades.
dominoman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK that makes sense. Now does anybody know where I need to solder the tiny wires back to to get it working again.??
Zellarman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That donut looking wire coil is definitely the modem for over the phone upgrades only. You really don't have to worry about soldering any of it's connections back if you're a JP-1 er.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others have said, the ring is indeed the modem and it's not needed when you're programming the remote using JP1. However, if you want to re-attach it, just to make the remote whole again, first notice that there are two small spikes on the ring that line up with holes in the PCB. Also notice that there is a groove in the ring which is where the two wires are supposed to come through.

The two spots where the wires need to be re-soldered are clearly visible in the picture you posted, they are at the 12 o'clock position inside the ring in your picture.

To fix the ring itself back into position, use hot glue.
dominoman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks. I do Indeed program it using JP1. But as rob said I would like to make it whole again.
Chevar18

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Rattling 8910 remote Reply with quote

dominoman wrote:
My URC 8910 was rattling for some time so I decided to open it up to investigate. The O ring was loose does anybody know what it is for?? The remote seems to work fine without it.

Link to jpg below
http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=8910remoteup1.jpg

This is what happen to me a long time ago and I opened it and did the unthinkable threw the modem away..
So back to square 1. Besides me ordering the cable or trying to build one is there anywhere that I could try locally that might have have a serial JP1 cable. I live in South Florida......
irs009

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevar,

You'll not find one locally. Look at Marketplace in these fora to see where you might order one.

Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: