JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

sylvania tv/dvd combo model #6519dd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heyjack8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: sylvania tv/dvd combo model #6519dd Reply with quote

looking for the code for a sylvania tv/dvd combo model #6519dd
have dish network remote and have tried all codes avail. need help. since i just bought this tv is it possible there is a code not avail...?
usblipitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an upgrade file for it here. You will need a JP1 cable to use this file.
JP1Files
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since when does dishnet provide a JP-1 remote? And if so, what model?

Jim
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack,

I appreciate the private email that you don't have a JP-1 remote. In all fairness, you really should have posted this question at RemoteCentral, "Universal Remotes" forum.
The users here use ueic setup codes for their ueic remotes, and like it or not, setup codes AREN'T universal across remote brands. RCA's are different than zenith, are different than sanyo, etc. IF we need a setup code that isn't in our remotes we use the tools to create one. Also, IF we have a dishnet receiver, likely we tossed the remote that came with it in a drawer long ago.
Your dishnet remote is a bare-bones remote, just like the one that comes with DTV receivers. Your lucky to find a "TV" code that works your actual TV, after all, to the sat co. your tv's controlling is secondary; plus the assume you have a remote for the TV.
You're in a second quandry: your TV is actually a dual device. It was a long time, and even still most TV?VCR combos aren't supported. TV/dvds even less so. think about it. dishnet doesn't even want you watching DVDs or VCR's, that means you aren't watching the sat signals they are providing. So, best guess is it's NOT supported by your dishnet remote, especially the dvd portion. But then, how would you get back to sat?
Your dishnet remote is a "Universal Remote" Wannabe. And you really can't complain, it came free with your sat receiver. If it works ANY other device, you got lucky, but it's not something they are REQUIRED to give you, ONLY sat receiver full functionality is all that they are responsible for with their remote, NOTHING else.
Wish and HOPE all you want, that remote isn't ever going to be a true universal. If you really want MORE than just a sat receiver remote, get yourself a REAL universal and do like we do, program it with the tools available, and toss that crappy dishnet remote in a box or drawer where it REALLY belongs. Yeah, you're hoping that cheap POS you got will work wonders, but unfortunaley this is the real world and that just ISN'T GONNA HAPPEN.
Not harshness, just facts.
Jim
usblipitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't sugar coat it Jim. Say what's really on your mind. Very Happy

Jack - I am not going to tell you to go to wal-mart and buy an 8810w. I am not going to tell you how great a value it is, at under $19. I am not even going to think of mentioning that it is a learning remote, fully JP1-compatible with a regular sized 2k eeprom, not a cost cutting 1k eeprom. And lastly, I would never dream of mentioning the fact that there are not one, but three extenders written for this remote, which would allow you to create discrete on/off commands from toggle commands as well as allow long or double keypresses to do something different than short or single keypresses.

No, I refuse to mention these things. You will never hear about them from me. Wink

Happy Holidays,
JP1Files
ClaudeS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack:
I have your exact TV/DVD with satellite and it works perfectly with JP1 remotes. I'm the one that put up the KM file that usblipitor mentioned and included a link to that has all the commands for this set.

This TV/DVD is NOT supported with ANY of the normal universal remotes you can buy at stores, (I tried!) not even JP1 remotes out of the box.

If you want to avoid the learning curve of using KM to use my file and want to quickly get a remote working perfectly with your setup. Here's what I suggest. I can put up an IR file that's ready to go and here's all you have to do.

1) Get a Radio Shack 15-2116, hurry before they run out.
2) Get a JP1 cable. Check the advertisers on this site, many sell the cable with a remote. (My IR file will be for the Radio Shack 15-2115 so if you want to keep it simple, thats what you'll have to get)
3) Download the latest version of IR (info on this site).
4) Open my file in IR, connect your cable, and upload it to your remote.

Then one quick final thing. My IR file is setup for DirecTV using and RCA receiver, you will have to change the four digit SAT code to match your DishNetwork receiver which you can either do in IR or on the remote itself.

If you want to use ANY JP1 remote and program it EXACTLY the way YOU want it. Then download KM and IR, read everything on this site to learn how to use it, and use my KM file (which usblipitor provided a link to) modify it for whatever JP1 remote you have, transfer it to IR and to your remote. But this is involves a learning curve compared to my quick solution above.

If you are interested in the quick solution, let me know and I'll post the IR file. I won't take the time/(clog up the file area with yet another IR file) unless you're interested.

Claude,
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: